Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Does one player have to play multiple characters or does the game scale properly like the box will say?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Minimum 2 players, 1 for the creature and 1 for the hunted. The game fit very well for 2 to 7 players but you never play different characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa the Gnome
United States
West Allis
WI - Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think (this is with one play with 4 players: 1 Alien and 3 survivors) that the game is definitely playable with two players. At the beginning, I think that the survivor player will have better luck hiding. However, later in the game, the Alien may have an advantage as they only have to keep track of the cards that one player has available (whereas, it was obviously more difficult for the Alien player to keep track of which cards were held by three survivor players). With four, it was a tight game, though the survivors were able to pull a wide lead and win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Indy418 wrote:
I think (this is with one play with 4 players: 1 Alien and 3 survivors) that the game is definitely playable with two players. At the beginning, I think that the survivor player will have better luck hiding. However, later in the game, the Alien may have an advantage as they only have to keep track of the cards that one player has available (whereas, it was obviously more difficult for the Alien player to keep track of which cards were held by three survivor players). With four, it was a tight game, though the survivors were able to pull a wide lead and win.

"playable" or "works well" are two different things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a couple of comments from 2-player games : https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/194879/not-alone/rat...

Hope it can help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Espreman Etienne
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Indy418 wrote:

"playable" or "works well" are two different things.

.. "works very well..." ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Turpin
Canada
Falmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So plays with 2-7 but NOT ALONE?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Might be contentious but at the moment I like it BEST with only two players. Maybe at this count some of the nuances of the system don't get a chance to shine but the experience is awesome, a really fun and often very funny cat and mouse one-on-one battle with terrific tension, some awesome 'he thinks that I know that he knows that I...' moments and lots of replayability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
inuitmyth909 wrote:
Might be contentious but at the moment I like it BEST with only two players. Maybe at this count some of the nuances of the system don't get a chance to shine but the experience is awesome, a really fun and often very funny cat and mouse one-on-one battle with terrific tension, some awesome 'he thinks that I know that he knows that I...' moments and lots of replayability.

Agree with you. I also like the 2-player game ... a face to face

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.