Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Utah, reddest of red, seems to be in play now. Mormons don't seem to like Trump.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/10/us/politics/mormons-trump-...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-sounds-alarm-cit...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is because Glen Beck told them not to like him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:

Thank you for that deep analysis.

Now do you have any actual reasons as to why Mormons may not like him?

How much do you actually know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeff brown wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

Sorry, I am just responding like people respond to my threads.
This just in, yet another group doesnt like Trump.
They probably think he is nuts like most other people...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
jeff brown wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

I'm sure that's a part of it but there are some real policy issues that he has built his campaign on.
These are the biggest ones:

Many mormons have real problems with his anti muslim immigration issues given our own history of being driven from the country.

Many mormons have spent a lot of time in other countries on missions and have real problems with his building the wall and deporting Mexicans.

The America first attitude is a bit grating to those who have spent time learning the culture and language of other nations and coming to love them.

His lifestyle and attitude is completely opposite to what we believe, and contrary to other religions we don't believe that he is a "baby Christian" who is now learning to be a disciple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeff brown wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
jeff brown wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

I'm sure that's a part of it but there are some real policy issues that he has built his campaign on.

Many mormons have real problems with his anti muslim immigration issues given our own history of being driven from the country.

Many mormons have spent a lot of time in other countries on missions and have real problems with his building the wall and deporting Mexicans.

The America first attitude is a bit grating to those who have spent time learning the culture and language of other nations and coming to love them.

His lifestyle and attitude is completely opposite to what we believe, and contrary to other religions we don't believe that he is a "baby Christian" who is now learning to be a disciple.

It is sure working out great in France.

Mormons have a problem with a president enforcing immigration law. INteresting.

Gotta look out for Number 1.
What is wrong with putting our country first? Offending other countries?
Screw them.

How tolerant of you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Me nah play no 'ide and seek
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
If I had to guess (which I don't, but I will anyway), I'd say that Mormons probably aren't thrilled with a guy that makes a point of starting to bang his next wife before having the decency to divorce his current one. All the evangelicals seem to have gotten over this, but I'm guessing that's still a pretty big deal to Mormons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toku42 wrote:
If I had to guess (which I don't, but I will anyway), I'd say that Mormons probably aren't thrilled with a guy that makes a point of starting to bang his next wife before having the decency to divorce his current one. All the evangelicals seem to have gotten over this, but I'm guessing that's still a pretty big deal to Mormons.

Im sure they will flock to HIllary who helped silence her husbands rape accusers, and stayed with him after banging a teenage intern in the oval office.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
jeff brown wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
jeff brown wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

Screw them.

How tolerant of you.

Do you ever wonder why people respond the way they do in your threads?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeff brown wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
jeff brown wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
jeff brown wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

Screw them.

How tolerant of you.

Nope.
What is so horrible about how I responded here?
How IS muslim immigration working out in france?
Oh wait, I mean INVASION.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dashi is generally correct? Like I generally am a NFL star quarterback, you mean?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
If anyone other than Hillary had deleted 30,000 emails from a server being used for official govt business, would they be facing 90,000 years in prison, regardless of the content of the emails? (3 years for each instance)

No, example: Colin Powell

Quote:
if Trump did it would it matter as little as Hillary? Again, regardless of content.

Yes and no. It would matter to Democrats, but not to Republicans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:

There's a pretty big difference you are missing regarding the refugee crisis in Europe and Muslim immigration to the US: vetting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
jmilum wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
If anyone other than Hillary had deleted 30,000 emails from a server being used for official govt business, would they be facing 90,000 years in prison, regardless of the content of the emails? (3 years for each instance)

No, example: Colin Powell

Quote:
if Trump did it would it matter as little as Hillary? Again, regardless of content.

Yes and no. It would matter to Democrats, but not to Republicans.

Name 1 republican who wouldn't care.

I'm not playing that game. I say a name, you say they would. What's the point in that?

But again I'll refer you to Colin Powell. He used a non-governmental email address as Sec of State. He didn't save any of those emails. Do Republicans care? Seemingly not...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
jmilum wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

There's a pretty big difference you are missing regarding the refugee crisis in Europe and Muslim immigration to the US: vetting.

Vetting? You want to go there?

Which brings up another question: Are you for vetting immigrants?

Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
jeff brown wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

So just because person A acts in a certain way you punish them by treating person B like it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
toku42 wrote:

Im sure they will flock to HIllary who helped silence her husbands rape accusers, and stayed with him after banging a teenage intern in the oval office.
What does the bible say about rape?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:

It's called "standing by your man" and is normally a conservative, and even Christian, supported concept.

Although lately "family values" have been relegated to the dustbin of history for the GOP: Gingrich, Trump, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
Thailand
flag msg tools
TheDashi wrote:
toku42 wrote:

Since when is a blowjob "banging"? Blowjobs being "sex" I can understand but "banging", I don't think so.

IIRC Monica was over 20 yo. The media's desire to exaggerate and call her a "young girl" all the time probably confused a lot of people. She was a "young woman" or an "old girl".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeff brown wrote:

Well, it just may be that they don't see anything Christian about him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
toku42 wrote:

Ummmm we haven't all gotten over it. However for what its worth, Trump is so obnoxious in so many ways this one has gotten shoved way down on the long list of reasons I won't be voting for him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
jeff brown wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
jeff brown wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
jeff brown wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

Screw them.

How tolerant of you.

Nope.
What is so horrible about how I responded here?
Oh wait, I mean INVASION.

From what I can see -- and having once lived in France, long ago, I've been trying to figure this out -- it isn't Muslim immigration to France which has been the problem, but the French demonization of Muslims, which has been much worse in France than, say, in Britain or Germany. Or the United States. Of course, with most of the early Muslim influx coming from Algeria which was waging a war to gain independence, this early demonization does have colonial roots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Not trying to mean to my cousins in Utah, but that's just a couple of Electoral College votes. Texas going from red to blue would be YYYYUUUUUGGGGEEEE. Utah (or my state, Oklahoma), not so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
Not trying to mean to my cousins in Utah, but that's just a couple of Electoral College votes. Texas going from red to blue would be YYYYUUUUUGGGGEEEE. Utah (or my state, Oklahoma), not so much.

Yes I understand that in terms of the national election, but if you know anything about politics in Utah or Mormon politics in general it is just crazy that Democrats have a shot there at all, and says a lot about who the current nominee is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeff brown wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
jeff brown wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

Thanks Jeff,

Some of those were surprising and informative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.