Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got Soviet Dawn after years of enjoying Ottoman Sunset. I also recently picked up Hapsburg Eclipse.

Man this game rocks. Cool to see an earlier iteration of Mr. Leviloff's SoS games. Soviet Dawn is even leaner and meaner than OS and HE.

I can tell this one is going to get heavy play. Just a hats off to Darin. I have three of his games, and all three are excellent. This guy does good work! Thanks for the many late nights spent hunched over a paper map, hanging on a die roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
agreed, sometimes less is more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Leviloff
United States
Foster City
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Thank you very much, Steve, for the compliment. I admit Soviet Dawn is the favorite of my own games and the one I personally play the most. Part of it is my love of the topic, part of it is that it iss not over-chromed (not saying OS or HE are, but they are certainly heavier and making things "work" required more jiggering), and I love the fork in the road created by the "Bukharin option" (thank you W. Bruce Lincoln and your research on that one).

Glad you are enjoying the game. I have a strategy article out there for publication, but no word on when that will come out. I just shifted from Yaah to War Diary magazine on that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.