Hide
6 Posts

Aeon's End» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification of some cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason McReynolds
msg tools
I'm having a great time playing the game, just have some questions about a couple of the cards:

Sunder (Basic level 3 Nemesis card) - You have two choices: Gravehold suffers 4 damage and the player with the lowest life suffers 4 damage. OR Shuffle all of the nemesis turn order cards into the turn order deck.

I realize that the rules say that if you can't complete one of the options you have to do the other BUT, when I drew this card there were no cards left in the turn order deck (I had just drawn the last one). So, would the second option still be viable in this instance and I could just reshuffle the turn order deck? Or, is that not a valid option and I have to do the first choice? The rules also stated that when there wasn't a card to draw from the turn order deck, and you needed to draw one, you reshuffled the deck. Since I didn't need to draw a card yet, it would seem like either option is valid in this situation, but I'm not sure so I figured I'd ask.

Diamond Cluster (Gem) - I think I understand this one, but figured I'd ask in case anyone else ever has the same question. Card says, "If this is the second Diamond Cluster you have played this turn, gain an additional 2 aether." So, if I take that literally that would mean that if you play a 3rd, or a 4th, etc., you would not get 2 aether for each of those additional Diamond Clusters, but only for the 2nd Diamond Cluster played. Is that correct? Or, is there some other way to interpret that?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I am a Turtle.
mbmbmbmbmb
Your understanding of the Diamond Cluster is right. Only the second copy gives you the bonus.

For the Sunder question, in this instance, if there are no cards in the turn order deck and you choose to shuffle the nemesis cards back in, you take the nemesis cards and put it into your deck. Then, the turn order deck would only consist of the nemesis turn cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunder: The turn order deck will consist of two nemesis cards after you made the choice of shuffling all of the nemesis turn order cards in an empty deck. I had this happen to me before, and it would have meant the Nemesis would play up to 6 turns in a row. So I didn't choose this option

Diamond Cluster: The second card is the second card, and the third is the third. You only get the bonus the second time you play a card named Diamond Cluster in one turn. You don't get the bonus if you play more cards named Diamond Cluster.

What WOULD be interesting, is to know if the bonus would trigger if you played the relic that lets you play a card in your hand twice and destroy it, and said card happens to be Diamond Cluster.
Let's say that you only have one Diamond Cluster in hand. You cast the spell, and then choose Diamond Cluster as the destroyed gem. Are you considered to have played two Diamond Cluster, thus gaining 6 aether?

There also is a spell that lets you get a gem card back in your hand. If said card is Diamond Cluster and you only have one in hand, you then play a Diamond Cluster, take it back into your hand, and play it a second time. I'd assume you would then gain 6 aether.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason McReynolds
msg tools
Thanks Dbriner31! Don't know why I didn't think about that for Sunder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason McReynolds
msg tools
Thanks Razoupaf! You bring up some other interesting points:

Razoupaf wrote:
What WOULD be interesting, is to know if the bonus would trigger if you played the relic that lets you play a card in your hand twice and destroy it, and said card happens to be Diamond Cluster.
Let's say that you only have one Diamond Cluster in hand. You cast the spell, and then choose Diamond Cluster as the destroyed gem. Are you considered to have played two Diamond Cluster, thus gaining 6 aether?

I would think that in the above situation you would get the 2 additional aether, because it was the second Diamond Cluster you played on that turn (taking what the card says literally).

Razoupaf wrote:
There also is a spell that lets you get a gem card back in your hand. If said card is Diamond Cluster and you only have one in hand, you then play a Diamond Cluster, take it back into your hand, and play it a second time. I'd assume you would then gain 6 aether.

I think it would be the same with this case too, I don't think it matters that it's the "same" card that's played twice, but that it's the second Diamond Cluster that's played on your turn.

...just my two cents . ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys figured out the answers to all of these. Nice job.

Sunder: if you shuffle in the turn order cards, the deck would just be two nemesis turn order cards.

Diamond Cluster: Any of them played beyond the second do not grant a bonus. If you use unstable prism or arcane nexus to play the same cluster twice, you will get the bonus wether.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.