5 Posts

The Hunters: German U-Boats at War, 1939-43» Forums » News

Subject: Das Boot sequel! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paavo Kyllikki
Finland
flag msg tools
Achtung ludosubmariners! Joyful news for us: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/das-...

Seems like Third Happy Time is coming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
Macedonia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ubi bene ibi patria // vidi perfutui veni
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Debbie
England
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hmm...the original is such a hard act to follow, hope my cynicism is proved groundless though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Cooper
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hanami wrote:
Hmm...the original is such a hard act to follow...

I was thinking of posting the same thing. I guess they may pull it off, but it looks to me like a plan by some Stechpalmewald (German "Hollywood") producer wanting to cash in on the earlier series' success.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hollywood "re-boots" and "re-imaginings" nearly always suck. It will probably be long on CGI and explosions, and short on acting and plot. I could be wrong, but I also will be looking at this with an extremely cynical eye..shake

EDIT: According to that news link, this TV mini-series will be based on one of Lothar Gunther Buchheim's other books, in which the captain does NOT die. The producers also claim to have "the greatest respect" for the original series. We shall see..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.