5 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: People of the Stars Broken Lantern Hunt Event rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Semmelhack
Canada
flag msg tools
So the hunt event instructs you to gain the lantern oven innovation if you don't have it (and a survivor with 3+ insight which I have), and the people of the stars campaign instructs you to remove lantern oven from the pool of possible innovations, notably I also already have the radiating orb

so the way I see it I could either
1) re-roll the hunt event
2) gain the broken lantern that you get if you already own the lantern oven
3) gain the lantern oven
4) go up to the point where it says gain the lantern oven but instead just get nothing

normally I'd try to follow the rule exactly, which to me maybe seems like option 3, though if it's actually a rules contradiction rule of death points to 4? input would be appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that if you follow the rule exactly, you go to option 4.
Since you don't have the Lantern Oven Innovation, it's as if you have to draw a resource, but that resource is not available anymore: you get nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, if feeling like ruling intent, we might say 2; RAW is definitely 4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a fine errata for 1.4, though: change "if your Settlement has the Lantern Oven innovation" to "if your Settlement has a source of heat" in all places where it's relevant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.