$20.00
Cain M
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
So I was so excited about this game and I had a game night with my friends. We played the Innsmouth scenario and I saved because battery was low on my laptop then quit and clicked continued. We had played 3 hours already. The app froze. Nothing to be done. Three hours' worth of gameplay ended in anticlimactic disappointment.

Then they left and I decided to replay it alone. I played for 3 hours again and I got very close to the end! When after a monster activation, the app again froze.

By the way when I say froze, I mean malfunctioned. The app was still responsive to clicking the menu and I was able to select "End Game" but the map and the things on it froze up. Monsters stopped activating, I couldn't click continue...

Are people experiencing this a lot, because this is making the game unplayable to me! I'm not going to invest 3+ hours of gameplay just to end it on "oopsie, the app has bugs, have a good night!"

I should mention I play on PC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you say it froze, did you try clicking on the next phase button? I thought mine froze when it came back up but that seems to fix it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which version of the app are you using?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This happened to me last night on the newest Steam version.

To the OP: This seems to ONLY happen with that scenario. Try one of the other ones! They're great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cain M
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
Ok. I was afraid to go through this experience again. I'm on the latest updated steam version and I mean that nothing is available to select besides options and the menu.

Inventory, next phase or monster menu do nothing when clicked and the map is frozen.

But hopefully this is only an innsmouth bug...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played scenarios 1 and 3 several times and had no issues whatsoever.

Encountered the same issue in scenario 2 as everyone else is doing, but I quitted the app (ipad mini 1) closed it completely, not just minimized, then reloaded and the scenario was playable till the end with no further issues (the reload was one turn earlier and it duplicated the riot and other monster, but the first copy of them didnt activate anymore)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played on PC Innsmouth through steam with the newest patch and fortunately had no bugs. We did lose but that's another story....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So in other words, you are taking a chance when playing the game. Either you are lucky and the app works fine, or you invest 3+ hours just to find out it doesn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
So in other words, you are taking a chance when playing the game. Either you are lucky and the app works fine, or you invest 3+ hours just to find out it doesn't.

You forgot to mention that this is outrageous for a game this expensive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess just you can just think of it as another check.

Test will: If you PASS, game continues for another round. FAIL, app stops & you scream at your device for 10 minutes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But in al seriousness, I am a bit disappointed as I thought the had fixed this in version 1.02. Apparently not, then...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah seeing we played until almost midnight last night, sure as all hell would definitely been pissed if it crashed. Just wanted to report we had no errors to perhaps shine the smallest light of hope...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:

With Scenario 2 in its current estate, yes, you are.

You can play the other three pretty safely, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Crosara
Italy
Montecchio Maggiore (VI)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This kept happening to me in second scenario with ios app. But i found a solution!! You just kill the app and run it again. Select continue , and you'll start from the end of the last investigator phase you did!!! You may have to re-play some monster attack and effect..but it is anyway better than throwing away 3h !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
This happens to us last night too. First game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dax is
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had the same experience. Although, I have played through successfully. I think it has to do with certain tiles or tokens being revealed in the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest K
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
This happened to us last night. I ran through the scenario again to get us to the point but revealed the
Spoiler (click to reveal)
shop of oddities
which we had yet to do the previous time. Same result after the movement of the mob.

Reported the entire board and game state to FFG. See what they come up with. It's disappointing but I think we can easily recreate the majority of our playthrough within 5 minutes of clicking in the app.

I did ask if they can include a debug mode (~ anyone?) so we can help track down these sorts of issues.

Onto the next (hopefully bug free!) scenario!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And this is what keeps me away from app-driven games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:

Except it can be patched. The original MoM had game-breaking bugs built right in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kime
United Kingdom
Brimfield
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Playing scenario 3, app v 1.0.1 iPad Gen 3
I got this error during the Mythos Phase

S03_MONSTER_ATTACK_LOUNGE_UNXPLORED_ALT

Didn't break the game but a bug nonetheless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
InkSplat wrote:
Except it can be patched.

Can it patch 3 hours of lost time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InkSplat wrote:
senorcoo wrote:

Except it can be patched. The original MoM had game-breaking bugs built right in!

And shall we share memories of the infamous Forbidden Alchemy expansion?

People seem to forget that fixing those bugs took way longer than its going to take fixing them in the app
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
senorcoo wrote:
InkSplat wrote:

It's not lost if you were enjoying it. It sours the memory of the experience but it can't retrospectively make the proceeding hours not fun.

But yeah, it's why I avoid app driven games too. For about two weeks until the kinks are sorted out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theg2 wrote:
I did ask if they can include a debug mode (~ anyone?) so we can help track down these sorts of issues.

Great suggestion, and thanks for asking them! I wish I knew more about Unity... perhaps there's something buried in there already that could be enabled on our end, but more likely it's something FFG would need to do. Just something like writing out to a debug log (text file) for every decision/event/input/prompt/etc. They probably already have it setup to do similar internally, but if they're struggling to reproduce certain issues, enabling it on the public version might be a good way forward & people could submit the logs with their bug reports.

kimeys wrote:
Playing scenario 3, app v 1.0.1 iPad Gen 3
I got this error during the Mythos Phase

S03_MONSTER_ATTACK_LOUNGE_UNXPLORED_ALT

Didn't break the game but a bug nonetheless.

That's exactly the sort of info that will be helpful to FFG - send it over there
Although as you noted iOS hasn't updated to v1.0.2 yet, so that one could well be fixed already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Deano2099 wrote:
senorcoo wrote:
InkSplat wrote:

It's not lost if you were enjoying it. It sours the memory of the experience but it can't retrospectively make the proceeding hours not fun.

But yeah, it's why I avoid app driven games too. For about two weeks until the kinks are sorted out.

Well, it's kind of lost if you don't come to a conclusion, but that's just my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.