Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks. After our first play of this yesterday we just have a couple of questions. I found the game very clear in most aspects and just want to double-check a couple of things.

1. When a player has completed a major line, does this immediately get reflected on the income track? I couldn't see a definite explanation of this in the rules, it seemed a little vague. We only added the points at the end but looking at a previous rules question it seems that we played this incorrectly...

2. When laying out track to link cities more than 4 hexes apart, this obviously requires 2 actions (at least). I know that any incomplete tracks are wiped off the board after round 3 of a turn. I assumed that you would put a control locomotive on an incomplete track that you are in the process of laying but again couldn't see anything definitive in the rules. Otherwise, someone could complete the track and claim it themselves.

Thanks, Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Torvatn
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sneakypete21 wrote:
Hi folks. After our first play of this yesterday we just have a couple of questions. I found the game very clear in most aspects and just want to double-check a couple of things.

1. When a player has completed a major line, does this immediately get reflected on the income track? I couldn't see a definite explanation of this in the rules, it seemed a little vague. We only added the points at the end but looking at a previous rules question it seems that we played this incorrectly...

2. When laying out track to link cities more than 4 hexes apart, this obviously requires 2 actions (at least). I know that any incomplete tracks are wiped off the board after round 3 of a turn. I assumed that you would put a control locomotive on an incomplete track that you are in the process of laying but again couldn't see anything definitive in the rules. Otherwise, someone could complete the track and claim it themselves.

Thanks, Peter

You immeadiately get the Points. This is immeadiately reflected on the point track, which also is the income track.

No one else can Complete Your track. Mark it With a locomotive as a remainder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sneakypete21 wrote:
1. When a player has completed a major line, does this immediately get reflected on the income track?

Yes. The only points that are scored at the end of the game are the Baron Cards.

From the Railways of the Eastern US Rule Sheet:

Quote:
once a major line has been completed by a single player, that player receives the points on the card and the major line cannot be scored by anyone else.

sneakypete21 wrote:
I assumed that you would put a control locomotive on an incomplete track that you are in the process of laying

Correct! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.