Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like just a little bug and perhaps it has been reported before, but:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/240

Now the gals aren´t sorted anymore. "Hot Images"-Sorting has been from many thumbs to less thumbs which made sense. Now there is no sorting at all:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/6542

This picture is on place one - without any thumbs. On place two we find some picture with only two thumbs. Seems not to be intended

When I click on "sort by recent" the pictures show up in correct order. Not so when clicking on hot...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andreo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Konwacht wrote:
When I click on "sort by recent" the pictures show up in correct order. Not so when clicking on hot...

In the real gallery (*) both 'Hot' and 'Recent' sorting still seem to work as intended.

(*) http://www.boardgamegeek.com/images/game/240?sort=hot&tag=&u...=

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your quick reply.

But I don´t understand that. The example above is not sorted by date - it seems to be totally unsorted. And I thought "sorting by date" was the sorting when clicking on "recent" ???

When "hot" is now "sorted by date" what is then "recent" ???

And sorting by date is not my understanding of "hot pictures". If this should be the new standard-sorting then "recent" would be the more logical option?

I don´t understand that at all.

EDIT: Refers to comment of "dipdragon"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
samoan_jo wrote:
Konwacht wrote:

In the real gallery (*) both 'Hot' and 'Recent' sorting still seem to work as intended.

(*) http://www.boardgamegeek.com/images/game/240?sort=hot&tag=&u...=

Correct. And this is why I believe that the image display is a bug. Because the "hot gallery" sorts the pictures as usual. Same with "recent". And while "recent" is showing the same result when looking it on the game prime screen this isn´t with "hot". Then the pictures are totally unsorted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/17133

The standard display does not show ANY sorting. If you click on "recent" you get "sorting by date". If you click on "hot" there isn´t any sorting (the first picture has only 2 thumbs, but there are - logical - pictures with more and less thumbs; but the first picture isn´t the first one, too - it has been added some time after the first pictures I saw at RT when the game was added).

But when you go into the gallery - the "hot" and "recent" function as normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andreo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Konwacht wrote:
Correct. And this is why I believe that the image display is a bug.

Sorry, if I wasn't clear.

I also think that this is a bug.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andreo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dipdragon wrote:

Either this has been fixed or it's still as it looked to me when I first posted:

I think maybe you and KonWacht are talking about different things here.

KonWacht refers to the image module (*) of the game's info page.

(*) that one that shows only nine images at a time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
samoan_jo wrote:
dipdragon wrote:

Either this has been fixed or it's still as it looked to me when I first posted:

I think maybe you and KonWacht are talking about different things here.

KonWacht refers to the image module (*) of the game's info page.

(*) that one that shows only nine images at a time

Yip, you are right. I´m talking about that "preview-module" on the game´s front page!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dipdragon wrote:
Ah, sorry - my misunderstanding.

However, looking at the Game Page mini gallery, it looks like every 8th image, starting with the oldest image and moving up the timeline and wrapping back to the oldest when it reaches the newest image. If not that, it's something close. If that is the case then there is some merit to that as it gives some more random images on the Game Page, although I would have started at the newest and worked backwards in time.

Ahm yeah, but then this system is definitly NO hot gallery sorting *g*. And I really believe it´s a bug because it is not the same in the "real" game gal - as you stated yourself. But when using the sorting by "recent" it is... ^.^

More random sorting would be - anyway - an interesting possibility, but that should be a third option to choose. So there would be "Hot, Recent, Random"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ay, it has been fixed now. Thanks to you admins, and not at least to Aldie!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.