$15.00
$20.00
$5.00
Mårten Cederholm
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played with the introductory cards with a friend (first time for both of us and he is not a board gamer).

Had a blast to be honest. I didn't actually think I would enjoy it (my experience with deck builders have been disappointing before to the point where I had dismissed them totally).

So why?
1. Maybe I was just wrong or I just didn't try them enough?
2. Maybe I played with the wrong people?
3. The playstyle between a game like Dominion and LE is quite big.

So, if you tried deck builders and not liked it, here is why I think I did like playing LE.

1. Since I started playing board/cards games I thought I was all about mechanics. But I have realized the theme matters. I love the Predator/Alien franchises and I think it helps getting into the game.
2. You have an avatar. I love board games like Imperial Assault. A lot of miniatures that represent you. We don't have a miniatures here but we have an Avatar that represents who you are playing. This makes it more real for me and less abstract and when you do you get hit it hurts.
3. The fact that damage cards does not go into your deck and dilute. I think this is a big one for me. The fact that I have total control over my deck in the sense that I can buy or not buy cards.

I'm really looking forward to playing more. I hope it will be as good next time and I hope the replayability isn't coming to soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.