Mårten Cederholm
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets say I play 4 different Brothers In Arms cards the same round, they are all different characters (Mac/Dillon/Dutch/Danny).
Does the play order matter or do I get to 3x bonus all on 4 cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Knapp
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
If you read the rule for the ability, it doesn't activate immediately if I recall correctly. So you do get the 3X for all four abilities no matter how you play them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Mann
South Korea
Seoul
Seoul Teukbyeol-si
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you mean Blaine in place of Danny, since Danny only has Showboat cards. ^^

Assuming all four cards are different characters, then play order shouldn't matter. Each Brothers in Arms effect could be activated up to three times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mårten Cederholm
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
daishi_no_zaagu wrote:
I assume you mean Blaine in place of Danny, since Danny only has Showboat cards. ^^

Assuming all four cards are different characters, then play order shouldn't matter. Each Brothers in Arms effect could be activated up to three times.

Topknot87 wrote:
If you read the rule for the ability, it doesn't activate immediately if I recall correctly. So you do get the 3X for all four abilities no matter how you play them.

Thanks to both of you. Played for the first time yesterday and for some reason I thought that was the case

Follow up question.
There are these "Once per round", can they be used even outside of the phase where you buy and strike?
I think there is a card that cancels a strike card if I remember correctly.
Can I save for after an enemy has hit and see what I get?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Mann
South Korea
Seoul
Seoul Teukbyeol-si
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like Dillon's Real Nasty Habit. As I recall, it lets you avoid a strike you would draw on that turn.

The main purpose of this card is to avoid drawing strikes during the Strike Phase (which is still later in that turn, satisfying the condition), but can be used to avoid any surprise strikes from Reveal and Death effects.

Whenever you "avoid a strike," you avoid drawing the card altogether. In other words, you won't see the card you would have drawn because you won't even draw the card for any avoided strikes, so you have to choose if you will avoid the strike before seeing the extent of the damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.