Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enrique Dueñas
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
...but I think this version would benefit from one.

Don't get me wrong, the game is GREAT, and I enjoyed it a lot. I just think it would be even better with some "strategy" cards, some "leader" units and, maybe, a 5th player.

Any chance this might happen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorco wrote:
...but I think this version would benefit from one.

Don't get me wrong, the game is GREAT, and I enjoyed it a lot. I just think it would be even better with some "strategy" cards, some "leader" units and, maybe, a 5th player.

Any chance this might happen?

De acuerdo con un quinto ejército Enrique, pero un mapa más grande sería necesario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bielke Thorvaldsson
msg tools
I agree, im working on some custom cards for the different nations. I could need some help with them if anyone is interested..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom O'Neill
United States
Pacific
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Pope cards like in Warlords of Europe?

Or random events?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bielke Thorvaldsson
msg tools
Is there anywhere you can get a view of all the cards from warlords of europe? for inspiration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrique Dueñas
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Actually, I had "Warlords of Europe" and I sell it. I think "Risk: Europe" is much, much better. I find that the rules are cleaner and the game is faster and more strategic.

I wouldn't like to transform this game into another "Warlords of Europe". For example, some of the pope cards were FAR too powerful. I just would like to add a little more "spice" to the mix.

About the map... considering this is a combat game, I see no problem having five people fighting in the current map but if you really think some extra space is needed, we could add additional boards for the "important" cities (for example, Paris or Madrid could be more than 1 big territory).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Morocco
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

6th player please! we just got this on the table & I ended up the rules guru since we had 6 people.

great game - very impressed with the clarity of the rules. I'm keeping a eye of the designer (Austin Rucker) for future releases.

Have any of you played the Risk Star: Star Wars Edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom O'Neill
United States
Pacific
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorco wrote:
Actually, I had "Warlords of Europe" and I sell it. I think "Risk: Europe" is much, much better. I find that the rules are cleaner and the game is faster and more strategic.

I wouldn't like to transform this game into another "Warlords of Europe". For example, some of the pope cards were FAR too powerful. I just would like to add a little more "spice" to the mix.

About the map... considering this is a combat game, I see no problem having five people fighting in the current map but if you really think some extra space is needed, we could add additional boards for the "important" cities (for example, Paris or Madrid could be more than 1 big territory).

I agree. I wouldnt want a full blown copy of Warlords. That game is fun but is too swingy and takes forever.

Just a few things to add spice, like you said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom O'Neill
United States
Pacific
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bielke1676 wrote:
Is there anywhere you can get a view of all the cards from warlords of europe? for inspiration.

I went to the Warlords of Europe page here at BGG. There is a few images of some of the cards.

And there is a file with some revised cards on the page. And is you know spanish or have a translate app, there if a spanish version of the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Anthony
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We love Risk: Star Wars Edition. Purchased the Black Edition that has the metal Death Star, Executor and Falcon ships on an Amazon sale. It's one of our favorite two player games and is a blast to play. Don't think a game has gone over 30 min. We just recently bought Risk: Europe and have been really enjoying it. I was hesitant at first because the original Risk isn't my favorite game in the world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.