FUBA» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Best of its kind! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone, I feel this game needs more buzzz so I will add my two cents to it. Here comes rather short "final thoughts" post:

I played the game twice so far. Once 30' with 0-1 score and once 1st half with 1-1 score. Both times we didn't play special events nor any advance rules. Second game took about 2hs - one of us was just learning the game.

My thoughts:

+++ I loved the theme coming from this game. The ball is constantly changing possesion, shots are made from outside and inside penalty area, time is running out! I'm big fan of games where theme comes from mechanic
and not from fluff text and images - this game does the prior so well!!

++ I like minimalism of this game - zero special skills, texts on cards or whatever - just pure tactics. Although it has fare amount of factors to remember about during match

++ game looks amazing on the table - both mat and original players pawns look great and enchance the theme even more

+ lots of advance rules to make the game even more realistic, but also longer

+ good written rulebook!

+/- first game will take much longer than said 60mins - we played 1st half for 2hours and we didn't include special events that's due to the fact that gameflow isn't very straightforward at first. Fortunately after few rounds it speeds up a lot! I think 90mins is doable...

+/- game has few small rules you constanlty need to remember to play the game correctly. For me the best solution was to make A5 Help Sheet describing the round order with almost all small rules. It's faster that way than searching through rulebook. But I like those rules since they add lots of reality to the game play.

+/- playing this game you must be prepared for the dice - cause they will have a lot to say, not just during control checks and ball value changes (which are fairly bearable) but also during shots! be prepare for it and learn to enjoy it

- my biggest complain (which is rather small in general ) about the game would be a lack of components for marking which player will start next action stage round. it's hard to remember which one moved less players and if it's draw, you have to remember who moved first previous turn. We used cubes that come with the game and placed them near score track to indicate how many players we move but that's not very ellegant way and besides it doesn't help if there were more rounds in row with the same number of moved players. Also you need to remember how many minutes to move time marker if you have had few draws in die rolls before - all in all, there's nothing a small self-made card wouldn't fix

to summarize: best football game I played so far!! Amazing theme and simplicity once you can remember all the micro rules. Tactical game that can be played and played and not get bored anytime soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.