Subject: Storage for Dragon King and Spidicules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lehane Richards
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Hello all.

This is aimed at people who store their minis in foam.

How are people storing the Dragon King and Spicules? For the rest of the figures I'm getting pick and pluck foam and plastic tubs, but these two figures just chew up soooo much room that they require as much foam and space as the other minis!

What solutions have people found?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I gave up. They live on a shelf. When I need to take them places, I buckle them into a child's seat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pierce
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:
I gave up. They live on a shelf. When I need to take them places, I buckle them into a child's seat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lehane Richards
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Styfen wrote:
I constructed a base for Spidicules, that allows me to store other minis under it.

Are you able to post a picture? I'd love to see that!

sirgalin wrote:

This seems to be a valid option!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Styfen wrote:
Please excuse the paint job, I'm only 20% of the way through painting the Spidicules.

Your Spidicules is amazing. If, and when, I'm painting mine, I'm stealing the face being a different color. Really creepy (in a good way).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Styfen wrote:
Zenman12 wrote:
Styfen wrote:
Please excuse the paint job, I'm only 20% of the way through painting the Spidicules.

Your Spidicules is amazing. If, and when, I'm painting mind I'm stealing the face being a different color. Really creepy (in a good way).

Go ahead, it's inspired by the art on the hit location cards.

Storing that model must be a real joy.

Now I know why people pull their hair out when dealing with this model from this picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rod
msg tools
mbmbmb
Love it, how big is that acrylic base?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to a hardware store full of random stuff and picked up 4 inch thick mattress for camping to make my own foam for my warmachine miniatures. I plan on gluing layers in order to get the height needed for the dragon king and then cutting out the shape needed. Also doing the same for the other monster. Look at battlefoam, they have some very deep pluck fosm that you could the bottom layer off to glue on top another piece to get the required height.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I store mine in comic book storage boxes. I believe they are generally called "long boxes" but these are half the length of a true long box. You can buy them at pretty much any comic book store. The Dragon King stands in his own, Spidicules stands in his box which is stored on its side. I plan to get some padding to fill in some of the larger gaps to cover for any shifting that may occur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lehane Richards
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Styfen wrote:
350mm with a 50mm hole in the center.

Though if I was redoing it I'd probably go 370mm or try and make the 50mm hole slightly off center (about 15mm nearer one side). This is because Spidicules's body is located forward of the center of the leg span.

From certain angles you can see that the body doesn't sit exactly above the diorama base.

I've not yet actually played with Spidicules in the game yet. How does it work with the base? Do you use that in-game, and if so, how does it move without taking the players with it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.