Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Campbell
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought Imperial Settlers last weekend and was playing a solo Egyptian game for the first time. I wound up with a tableau that seemed to give me infinite vp in solo mode, and might in multiplayer if nobody had two swords handy.

Please tell me I'm doing something wrong.

The combo is:

Caravan: Produce 1 food and 1 person

Slaves: Spend 1 person to gain 2 stone and 1 VP

Porters: Spend 1 food to choose any of your production buildings and gain the goods it produces.

None have limits on number of plays, so, get food in production phase, pay food to activate porters, porters trigger caravan, rinse, repeat for infinite population. Spend infinite pop on infinite vp.

Dunno how rare the combo is, but it came up in my first Egyptian game.

cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Claessens
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Don't have the exact cards in front of me right now, but you may only activate an "action" card just once, unless it states that you may activate it more often. So that would mean you can only use the "slaves" and "porters" card just once.

That's why you have to put the costs of doing an action on the card, so that you see that you have activated it.

There are some cards that let you spend some resources to remove the already used resources from another action card, which lets you use the action again one more time. But in principe, each action card may be used exactly once per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Van Hoeyveld
Belgium
Stabroek
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All action cards/locations can only be used / activated once each round unless stated otherwise. That should already prevent such a loop from being possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Campbell
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks folks!

Missed that and when I saw the limit of 2 on some, I was under the assumption the limit was on the card if one existed.

Much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glikwizz the tinkerer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
That is why we read the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.