Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Was fun but we found some cities boring.
Also when you get to the third city sometimes someone is so far ahead that there is little point to playing it out. (I know, you could just play for fun...but games aren't for fun!)

I need to read the rules over better but Tokyo didnt tell you which way turn order was suppose to go.

I found the game to easy.

Last time we Bandu our players were so skilled that we ran out of pieces. We then used the pieces of the players that had lost out and ran out again! I wish I had pictures of the crazy structures that where still standing.
This game the pieces are mostly too easy. Of the ones we played Hometown was interesting because of the decisions and another where you yeah Go! and Done! was amusing.

Wakrob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Beckley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CptBlood wrote:
I found the game to easy.

Last time we Bandu our players were so skilled that we ran out of pieces. We then used the pieces of the players that had lost out and ran out again! I wish I had pictures of the crazy structures that where still standing.
This game the pieces are mostly too easy. Of the ones we played Hometown was interesting because of the decisions and another where you yeah Go! and Done! was amusing.

Thanks for the report!

I'm curious: how detrimental do you find the "easy pieces"? I'll admit that looking at them, they are by and large way easier than the Bausack/Bandu pieces. But then, the game rules are very different as well. Given that most games play to tallest structure, and most eliminations happen after only two pieces fall, does it actually hurt the game if falls are less likely? Are there still interesting decisions to be made in the pursuit of that tallest structure? To say nothing about the various race/real time cities, which would be miserable if the pieces were too difficult.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Given that the game intends for you to play multiple cities (different rules) in rapid succession I guess its not to bad to have friendly pieces.
I suspect eventually Ill just leave some cities out of the mix and just play the ones we find more fun.

We had fun, we laughed, but I found Bandu more appealing so far. I have yet to play or even read over half the cities still.

Wakrob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.