Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My apologies, but I can not find a link to the FAQ. I've checked here, GF9, and wotc, and just didn't find it. Could someone reply with a link, please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am baffled at why anyone would need a FAQ. Heck, this game's rules are so simple and straight forward, I wonder why there would even be AQs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's one or two little bits of "are we sure?", and folks have referenced an FAQ, so I figure I should bookmark it, and download it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Williams
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's your question? I feel like I have the rules pretty locked down. Might be able to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for your willingness to help.

There's not a lot I can recall right now, other than confirming some details of card movement during your turn. As you play a card, it does NOT immediately go into the Discard Pile. Therefore "Mother Matron's" ability to Promote anything in the Discard Pile does NOT include her or any other card from your current turn's hand.

Also, having the official FAQ bookmarked in my browser will let me continue to monitor any other rulings, and let me show gamers around me the "Official wotc Source" vs "answers from the forums at bgg". So I really am looking for the FAQ link, and I'm puzzled that some threads refer to it, when I can't find the darn thing. What the frak were those folks looking at? (I guess I'll have to find such a thread and GM the poster).

Gerry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
GerryRailBaron wrote:
(...) As you play a card, it does NOT immediately go into the Discard Pile. Therefore "Mother Matron's" ability to Promote anything in the Discard Pile does NOT include her or any other card from your current turn's hand. (...)

As statet in the rules, from page 9:
To play a card, lay it on the table face up in front of you.

And emphasized on page 8 under end of turn sequence:
Discard your played cards (...)

I'm all for FAQs and condensing this kind of information, but there simply isn't a need for Tyrants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hines
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
I'm afraid the DEFLECTOR Shield is..... Operational!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm all for FAQ, that is why I came to this form. What is crystal clear to one person needs a FAQ for another. I made some judgement calls that are probably correct, but nice to have a FAQ just in case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Blizzard
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I came hoping to find one (faq) that would definitively answer if you must play a troop to get the other beifits of a card (elementals mostly)
Like "Water element"

"Deploy two troops Conquest Focus -> Draw a card"

What if i cannot place a troop legally? (As in i dont have any vacant adjacent spaces?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DocNickle wrote:
I came hoping to find one (faq) that would definitively answer if you must play a troop to get the other beifits of a card (elementals mostly)
Like "Water element"

"Deploy two troops Conquest Focus -> Draw a card"

What if i cannot place a troop legally? (As in i dont have any vacant adjacent spaces?)

You deploy as many troops as you can legally deploy (as it's not optional). So you deploy one if there is one available spot, zero if there is none.

You process the rest of the card as normal. This means if you wish, you can display a Conquest card you already played or is in your hand to draw a card.

This is explicitly what's in the rule. Why do you need a FAQ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Fairen
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
I am baffled as to why someone would be such sarcastic twit as to point out why someone would need a FAQ when they asked for one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.