The Hotness
Games|People|Company
The Hotness has gone cold...
Caylie Sadin
msg tools
mbmbmb
As usual, Gen Con 2016 was a blindingly beautiful blur of exciting new games with new unique themes and mechanics. I even saw some games with great female representation!! Check out my article here:
http://remeshed.com/2016/9-best-new-board-games-saw-gen-con-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katherine Walter
United States
Elgin
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you know that this year marked the first time that at least 50% of the Industry Insider Feature Presenters were women? Just two years ago it was at 19%. It was a great year for female representation at Gen Con!

Most of the time I'm the only woman playing games, but not this year. Many of the games I played had other women playing along with me. Long Live the Queen was played entirely by women. When I was playing Endless: Fantasy Tactics a female was talking to one of the male players. The guy asked her to join, but she said she didn't want to be the only female playing. He pointed me out that I was playing, so she joined for a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dani Evans
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohhh I had somehow missed Captain Sonar completely and that sounds awesome! I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it now

Great write up laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb

The science theme of Killer Snails: Assassins of the Sea looks like it might be well done. I like that. Thanks for the write up!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the write-up!

I am most interested in Vast: The Crystal Caverns, which should soon make its way into my mailbox (original Kickstarter backer).

The fact that the Knight is female -- and it's not a big deal or causes anything in the game to treat her differently than a male knight; she is just an adventuring knight out to slay a dragon, and she happens to be female -- was one of the factors that immediately drew me towards the game.
I also like that the dragon (dragons are usually these terrifying, aggressive beasts) wants nothing more than to wake up and safely escape the gave in this game.
Yay for subverting common pop culture stereotypes!
Since this was a relatively small game when it first started, I am very happy I got to contribute to getting it made and I wish it all the success it can get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.