Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Culp
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Romulan has a project stolen which has a culture icon on it and another faction completes that project does the rival faction get the culture when completed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Another faction completeing Romulan project with culture icon
I don't see why they would. It's only on the Romulan board that says they get the culture. If it was a general reward anyone could get, the Romulan's wouldn't need that special power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Culp
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be my interpretation also.

It was our first game last night and the Klingon got the project early in the game (I was the Romulan). He won the game thanks to completing it, getting a culture and having enough culture to buy his last ascendancy.

We did have a discussion as to whether it was allowed.

- I argued no as it was my specific special ability.
- The other two player argued yes as it was printed on the card, when completing a project you get the stuff printed on the card such as warp symbols.
- I had also taught the general rule that when completing a project you get the stuff printed on the card.
- The card gives a culture for completing the project, the Klingon stole the project and therefore stole my culture I would have gained for it.

It would be nice to get an official ruling from GF9 as I can see it either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb

It is a little confusing, GF9 should have done a better job because of the warp tokens and command tokens listed on all faction cards.

However, after digging, on pg 9, "There are some Romulan Advancements which picture a Culture Token. When a Romluan player completes these, the Romulans take a Culture Token."

So it is only for Romulans. This could have been avoided if gf9 had printed a "Romulan player only" stamp or graphic over the culture icon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gale Force Nine LLC
United States
Earlysville
Virginia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, only Romulans gain an extra Culture Token from their Advancements, but taking one of those cards from them denies that token to the Romulans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.