Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have completed the base game Eisenbach Gap and now moves on to this expansion via Vassal PBeM with Aris. But we found no clue how to open a vmdx file as it seems the base game is an vmod file which says it can't open the Blood and Bridges module. But the vmdx file can't be activated by itself too. Can anyone share any clue? Many thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mochara c
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Lawrence,
A .vmdx file is an extension rather than a full-blown module.
You must create a folder that will direct the VASSAL module to look for the extension, and what you name that folder is very important. For example, my WaW VASSAL mod is called

WaW-Eisenbach_Gap-v4.0.vmod

So I have created a new folder called

WaW-Eisenbach_Gap-v4.0_ext

and placed the .vmdx file in there.

It doesn't really matter what you call them, just be sure that the ONLY difference between them are the replacement of .vmod with _ext.

Hope that helps - m
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm...I found the answer. You have to right click on the Eisenbach Vassal module in the beginning of the module library and choose "Add Extension" from there. Thanks for the tip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.