Mlai00 Mlai00
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mainly I'd like to know how the miniatures of Dungeon Command and Arena of the Planeswalkers compare in size to those of Descent: Journeys in the Dark 2nd Edition.

Are the minis of the WotC games "Heroic 28mm", and therefore their humanoids would look too large standing next to the 25mm humanoids from Descent? It's pretty relevant since DC and AofP both contain a lot of humanoid units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say the scale matches with Descent fairly closely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mlai00 Mlai00
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can answer my own question, nowadays. I've become a collection addict since August 2016.

Anyways, Desecent 2e human figures are true 25mm, slightly smaller than the typical AD&D-type figures which are 28mm (or "heroic 28 mm"). In fact, most mini-centered boardgames, such as those by CMON and many on Kickstarter, use 28mm scale.

So the men of Descent 2e look noticeably smaller. But for dwarves, some of the women, monsters, etc... it doesn't matter much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.