Subject: Fan-made Cylon Leader Motives. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert S
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group made some motives to spice up/challenge our BSG games. What do you guys think of them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm usually not OCD about this sort of thing, but excessive scrolling has become one of them ....

BTW, are these replacing the Motives, or supplementing them?

Similar to the Agenda (from Pegasus) of the same name, but this one's within 3, not 2 of each other. Seems fine to me

Identical to the Pegasus Agenda

This is a "during the game"
That seems like A LOT of cylon ships... 2 bs, 1 heavy, and 10 raiders? You'd need average 2 CAC within the same jump cycle, or a jump cycle's worth of build on the CFB, so... hmm perhaps not I guess

Besides the rare crisis card, how would you actually raise a resource?
If you have Major Victory from Pegasus and manage to kill a cent or basestar, and roll 5+.
Daybreak has Popular Influence, and you can hope to play a Qcard that does this

So only direct effects for preventing? Preventative Policy, Quick Thinking, Dogfight, and Force Their Hand?

Similar to the Agenda (from Pegasus) of the same name, but this one's 3 or less, not 2 Gally locations. Seems fine to me

So if you send yourself to the Brig, you need to wait until the game is over to reveal this, assuming you're still in there by then.

Nice to see expansion stuff (executions) still considered cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert S
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These motives are a supplement, so there are a total of 20 cards in the motives deck.

Pearls of Unworthy: I think you can XO someone and when they raise resource, it also counts. The others you mentioned are also feasible methods.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
digicube wrote:
My group made some motives to spice up/challenge our BSG games. What do you guys think of them?

I prefer being able to read them without clicking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GerryRailBaron wrote:
digicube wrote:

I prefer being able to read them without clicking.
You can still do that by jacking up to 200% zoom level

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.