Subject: 1st game, a few questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriele Z.
Italy
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, with my new pnp copy almost built (tokens ready, I have to decide if mounting other components or printing on cardstock and laminate them). Anyway, I was able to try a first game just to have a taste of it. So I've put a CD (Praying Mantis' Time Tells no Lies, 1981, both period and band's name felt appropiate) and played first scenario.

So I have now a couple of questions:

1) bugs can 'overstack' while moving? I mean, can I have temporarily more than 3 units in a single hex, providing that at the end of the movement phase there will be no more than 3 per hex?
Similarily, can I enter a hex containing a kind of warrior bug with a different kind of warrior bug, providing that at the end of the movement phase each hex will not contain different kinds of bugs mixed together?

2) In the following situation:

Blue Low Render has just Red Phlanx in its front arc
Blue Gantua has Red Phlanx and Red Gantua in its front arc
Red Phlanx has Blue Low Render and Blue Gantua in its front arc
Red Gantua has just Blue Gantua in its front arc

Since not every stack has every other enemy stack in its front arc, is this a single combat, or it should be treated as two separate combats? i.e. Low Render vs Phlanx, and Gantua vs Gantua.
In case it's to be treated as single combat, the Low Render will get bonus for Render vs Thruster? Thrusters are the only enemies in its front arc, but the whole combat would include a different kind of enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Z.
Italy
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've re-read the rules, and regarding point 2 I believe you can attack however you please (rules repeatedly use "may") as long as all stack that are in the front arc of one (or more?) of your stacks get attacked. See [7.03]
Rules don't say it, but I also believe that one stack cannot initiate more than one attack per turn (otherwise there will be no reason to ever consider attacking more than one stack at once, as attacking them separately would be more advantageous).

So in the above case, I think the only way to resolve the combat is by two separate combats because to be able to combine stacks in a single attack, they all must have the enemy stack in their front arc. So, assuming attacker is blue, Gantua and Low Render could gang-up on the Phlanx but this would leave the Red Gantua unattacked, and rules specifically say that "any enemy stack in front of one of your units after movement MUST be attacked somehow".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.