4 Posts

Massive Darkness» Forums » General

Subject: Is the Bloodmoon Nightrunner Class Counter Productive? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric B
msg tools
mb
Let me start off by saying this seems like one of the harder classes in the game to play right. Most of their synergy is based around being in shadow mode. That is all fine and dandy, except they are also primarily melee (at least they start that way)? That means to get into combat and attack you need to be in the same space as the enemy. That also means after your turn, if any enemies are still alive, you CAN'T go into shadow mode at the start of your next turn, severely hindering your damage output?

Am I missing something here, or is this how the class is meant to be? Don't get me wrong, it makes a ton of sense for an assassin type character to want to be in the shadows and gain a ton of damage for doing so. It's just after you initially pop out you are pretty much screwed until all the enemies are dead. That or until you hit level 4 which is near the end of the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex A
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've noticed the same thing -- it looks like there is currently no way to retreat once you've engaged in melee combat. From what little I understand of game development and kickstarted games, there seems to be a lot of changing and adjusting after the initial details are revealed...they are a work-in-progress, after all. I wonder if they might make some exceptions to that no-retreat/reveal rule for the stealthy classes.

I'd also enjoy seeing a shadow mode mechanic in which enemies pass by the hero if said enemy does not end their phase in the same space. This would allow them to pass by shadowed heroes. At least, that's how I would "home rules" the event if I found the current system too clunky or wanted to add an extra degree of stealth/movement. Though I suppose we don't want to make things too easy on the heroes - where's the excitement in that? ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
msg tools
mb
Ya, it seems like Slippery would have been a better ability to have early on, or as a free class skill?

Also, I am a bit confused by her signature ability. At the end of the stunned defender text it says "In case of a Mob, all remaining Enemies have to be Stunned." Does this mean she has to have ALL mobs in a room stunned before she can do the +3 wounds to one of them, or the +3 wounds can only be divided up between stunned mobs?

So say you have 3 mobs left in a room. 2 are stunned. Does that mean she can do 2 wounds to one, and one wound to the other? But she COULDN'T do 1 wound to each mob? Or does that mean since one mob is not stunned, you can't wound them at all? I would assume it's the former because if it's the ladder that makes getting the wound portion of the signature nearly impossible (unless against a single large roamer).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Timmermans
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deathleech wrote:
Ya, it seems like Slippery would have been a better ability to have early on, or as a free class skill?

Also, I am a bit confused by her signature ability. At the end of the stunned defender text it says "In case of a Mob, all remaining Enemies have to be Stunned." Does this mean she has to have ALL mobs in a room stunned before she can do the +3 wounds to one of them, or the +3 wounds can only be divided up between stunned mobs?

So say you have 3 mobs left in a room. 2 are stunned. Does that mean she can do 2 wounds to one, and one wound to the other? But she COULDN'T do 1 wound to each mob? Or does that mean since one mob is not stunned, you can't wound them at all? I would assume it's the former because if it's the ladder that makes getting the wound portion of the signature nearly impossible (unless against a single large roamer).

Seems like normal mob-rules apply.

As for the rest of the Bloodmoon Nightrunner class, it's completely focussed on getting close, hit hard and get out. It's a pure DPS-class. It's probably one of the more advanced classes to play, especially when you don't start out with a character who hasn't got BN as it's preferred class. You can get a free shadow mode action fairly early on, and right off the bat you can remove an opponent's defence dice and get more offense dice yourself. You just need to remember that this class is completely geared towards offense, and if you get caught by a mob, agent or monster, you're going to have a bad time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.