Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Crisman
United States
Decatur
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, some people have touched on this indirectly, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something...

-Having a great run. No threats in play towards end of deck, and my hull and shields are full.

-Ouroboros' sixth card is drawn and I immediately deploy the cards.

-Roll for threat...it's a 6.

-Two Hydra Cannons put my shields at 0. Missile Array drops my hull to 5.

-Since Attack Matrix is in play (obviously because it was just deployed), I roll again.

-I roll a 6.

-Two Hydra Cannons drop my hull to 1, Missile Array destroys my ship.

So, I have a flawless game and lose at the last minute by a couple bad rolls? I know it's random because it's dice and cards, but wow that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I would think Ouroboros would be designed so that you'd have at least one turn to do something against it, even if it leaves you with 1 hull before your actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouroboros was not designed as part of the originl game and without a doubt it needs some more work on it.
Hopefully, the expansion (that I believe has been mentioned) will fix that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yeah, the OP pretty much sums up my experience too. bummed as I love the idea of a board game version of FTL, but...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff B.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
We house rule that no card can activate it's damage twice in the same threat phase.

No ship can survive double 6s. Making it so each one only goes once each threat turn gives you a much higher chance of hitting the 7 damage, but it won't go higher than that (without outside help).

I think that is a simple enough Errata, it only affects cloaked threats and Attack Matrix, and the biggest impact by far is letting you survive the first big attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.