Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Campbell
Canada
Banff
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect that Canadian retailers should start to see copies in the next week or so according to some of their projected dates, but I'm curious if there's any firm date on this.

Also, I'm interested in purchasing the Board Extension and possibly the Promo Pack. Will any Canadian retailers be distributing these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's already been received and is sold out at Board Game Bliss. I'd imagine other Canadian retailers should have it soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The base game is available from Starlit: http://www.starlitcitadel.com/games/scythe-bundle.html

They're sold out of all the bonuses except the art book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nima Rohani
msg tools
Nemesis420x wrote:
I expect that Canadian retailers should start to see copies in the next week or so according to some of their projected dates, but I'm curious if there's any firm date on this.

Also, I'm interested in purchasing the Board Extension and possibly the Promo Pack. Will any Canadian retailers be distributing these?

My buddy has had his retail copy for a few weeks already. We live in Victoria.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As was mentioned Starlit Citadel was the official fulfillment center of the KS extras for Canada, and they are sold out of everything except the art book. Funagain Games, the official US fulfillment center still has some board extensions in stock, but they too are out of the promo pack. While the board extension may be reprinted in the future, this seems to be the last of the stock for the current printing so depending on how important it is for you, you might want to pick it up while you still can.

As for the promo pack, I think they are planning to sell each of the 3 sets of cards in the BGG store for $5, but the dials will not be available outside of finding a full promo pack / KS copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Campbell
Canada
Banff
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qasic wrote:
The base game is available from Starlit: http://www.starlitcitadel.com/games/scythe-bundle.html

They're sold out of all the bonuses except the art book.

Unfortunately this link isn't very helpful to me. No real product description, just price ranging from $39.99 to $122.98. It also appears that the only items I can choose from this are the base game and the art book, which I have no interest in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up. I just got the extension from FunAgain Games.

I was amused to notice that they have classified Scythe under the theme of "Ranching/Farming".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Campbell
Canada
Banff
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
Funagain Games, the official US fulfillment center still has some board extensions in stock, but they too are out of the promo pack. While the board extension may be reprinted in the future, this seems to be the last of the stock for the current printing so depending on how important it is for you, you might want to pick it up while you still can

I might just do this. I'll likely have to pay considerably more with customs fees, but I wouldn't mind having the bigger board As of getting a copy of the game in Canada.

Really the promo pack is just something I might have gotten alongside the board extension (most important to me), but if it's currently sold out everywhere, I won't miss it much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nemesis420x wrote:
ras2124 wrote:
Funagain Games, the official US fulfillment center still has some board extensions in stock, but they too are out of the promo pack. While the board extension may be reprinted in the future, this seems to be the last of the stock for the current printing so depending on how important it is for you, you might want to pick it up while you still can

I might just do this. I'll likely have to pay considerably more with customs fees, but I wouldn't mind having the bigger board As of getting a copy of the game in Canada.

Really the promo pack is just something I might have gotten alongside the board extension (most important to me), but if it's currently sold out everywhere, I won't miss it much.
You can buy the game in Canada and just get the extension from Funagain. I am not sure what is easiest for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike: If you're looking for anything but the retail game, you probably won't find it. The retail game is the only version of Scythe we make or sell now (some retailers have it, but most will get it in about 7 weeks). We're making more of the various accessories that go in Scythe, so you can piece them together to create, say, a Collector's Edition equivalent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Campbell
Canada
Banff
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just getting the extension from Funagain is my plan. I actually just finalized the order. I'll just pick up a copy of the retail version from a Canadian retailer. I hope it won't be the full 7 weeks until one of them have supply.

Thanks for the info Richard, and thank you Jamey.

I'm excited for this one. Offering a 2-sided board with the possible extension on one side is an innovation you don't see enough of these types of games doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you love Jamey's games, I'd suggest signing up for his newsletter. I signed up a few weeks or so ago when I found out he would be sending out the links to the kickstarter extras - promos/resource tokens/metal coins/board extension and various Scythe versions. I was able to pre-order the Premium Edition from BoardgameBliss, the board extension from the KS campaign and then on Aug 1st when Jamey sent out the newsletter I snagged the realistic Resource tokens (they were available as KS pre-order like the extension but were sold out when I checked).

I bought it in the AM and by afternoon pretty much everything was sold out. I actually ordered from funagaingames.com as even with exchange, it was still cheaper than Starlit due to them wanting to charge $20 shipping. I saved $10. heh

Anywho, I'd suggest signing up for his newsletters to be in the 'know' for future games etc. Plus he writes some really amazing blog posts that he links from his newsletters too. I love his Kickstarter series and really enjoyed his GenCon post as well, which revealed the next faction expansion for Scythe + pictures. Super excited that we will be getting Purple Mechs!!! He'd make me day if he added some Pink ones next. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.