• [+] Dice rolls
josh willhite
United States
La Junta
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Any game that uses at least two dice rolled per player turn could probably be used with a doubling cube(so yes, I think?), as the doubling cube is used for scoring points over multiple games (so I guess you could use a doubling cube with a Monopoly marathon, which would be an unpleasurable experience, lol).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jawmonkey wrote:
Any game that uses at least two dice rolled per player turn could probably be used with a doubling cube(so yes, I think?), as the doubling cube is used for scoring points over multiple games (so I guess you could use a doubling cube with a Monopoly marathon, which would be an unpleasurable experience, lol).

I'm not sure why "at least two dice rolled per player turn" would be necessary...? I think that any game at all (including games of no chance, e.g. Chess or Go) could be played with a doubling cube (to make a victory potentially worth double in some meta framework). It's simply saying "I think I'm going to win; do you agree, or are you willing to risk losing more to prove me wrong?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vita Est Certamine
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Kilroy was here
mbmbmbmbmb
qswanger wrote:
Well, can it?

Sure it can. Fairly obvious yes. But - why? Whats the point unless you're playing where number of games won is relevant.

Personally I dont see how a doubling cube for Tatsu adds anything to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew P.
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why not. I think it's a good option if you want to play a series of games. It might help push some of the more one-sided games toward a conclusion although I don't think those will happen as often as in Backgammon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.