$60.00
$20.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
66 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Hillary's Generous Charitable Giving rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: But_Obama_Did_it! [+] [View All]
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
It's awesome that she released her taxes so people know stuff like this.

22 
 Thumb up
0.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
It's awesome that she released her taxes so people know stuff like this.




Why do you want ot see Trumps taxes and not HIllarys medical records?
Isnt all this private information?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can make a strong case for at least impropriety and possibly corruption in how the Clinton Foundation solicits and accepts donations from other world players but I haven't heard anything about the Foundation's activities being corrupt.

As for lefties generally, the most prominent (center) leftist I know is my father...and he's given away more than half of his wealth. A lot of that was directly to charities but a large chunk was to a charitable endowment he and his wife run, which makes annual donations to a wide range of charities. Establishing a charitable foundation makes a lot of sense for people who want to give away a lot of money but in a sustained approach, rather than in large lumps.

I've never asked David DesJardins (although I guess indirectly I'm asking him now if he chooses to read this thread) but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he's formed a foundation as a vehicle for some of his own charitable giving.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
jmilum wrote:
It's awesome that she released her taxes so people know stuff like this.




Why do you want ot see Trumps taxes and not HIllarys medical records?
Isnt all this private information?

I want to see both their taxes.

I want to see neither of their medical records.

Understand?
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
jmilum wrote:
It's awesome that she released her taxes so people know stuff like this.




Why do you want ot see Trumps taxes and not HIllarys medical records?
Isnt all this private information?

I want to see both their taxes.

I want to see neither of their medical records.

Understand?


So invade privacy for one type of thing but not another?
What would impact ability to be president more?
Paying taxes or having Super AIDS?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
jmilum wrote:
It's awesome that she released her taxes so people know stuff like this.




Why do you want ot see Trumps taxes and not HIllarys medical records?
Isnt all this private information?


Clinton has release the same medical information as The Donald.

The Donald however still has not released his tax form, as Clinton has just done.

Doesn't it get a little tiring displaying such public hypocrisy in service of The Donald?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Chad using anecdata? Must be pretty tired there my friend.

You could just post the info showing that the foundations humanitarian activities are a sham or corrupt. But you're just making that shit up as usual.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
jmilum wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
jmilum wrote:
It's awesome that she released her taxes so people know stuff like this.




Why do you want ot see Trumps taxes and not HIllarys medical records?
Isnt all this private information?

I want to see both their taxes.

I want to see neither of their medical records.

Understand?


So invade privacy for one type of thing but not another?
What would impact ability to be president more?
Paying taxes or having Super AIDS?

What is Super AIDS?

Why do you want to see Hillary's medical records, but not Trump's taxes?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
jmilum wrote:
It's awesome that she released her taxes so people know stuff like this.




Why do you want ot see Trumps taxes and not HIllarys medical records?
Isnt all this private information?


Clinton has release the same medical information as The Donald.

The Donald however still has not released his tax form, as Clinton has just done.

Doesn't it get a little tiring displaying such public hypocrisy in service of The Donald?


What exactly have I SAID that is hypocritical?
Does me asking if YOU want to see her medical records imply that I DONT want to see Trumps?
Or that it even implies that I WANT to see hers?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
jmilum wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
jmilum wrote:
It's awesome that she released her taxes so people know stuff like this.




Why do you want ot see Trumps taxes and not HIllarys medical records?
Isnt all this private information?

I want to see both their taxes.

I want to see neither of their medical records.

Understand?


So invade privacy for one type of thing but not another?
What would impact ability to be president more?
Paying taxes or having Super AIDS?

What is Super AIDS?

Why do you want to see Hillary's medical records, but not Trump's taxes?


Honestly I dont give a shit to see taxes or medical records/.
I can see that Hillary isnt all that well.
And I can see that Trump is an asshole.
I just wonder about you kinds of people that WANT TO SEE taxes, and not medical. Invade privacy over here, but not over there.
If someone wants to be president, why not invade every orifice to find out absolutely everything?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
EDIT: Sorry, removed the link to the Washington post's attempt to bensmith the controversy. I guess I shouldn't have expected honesty from WaPo.

laugh

Oops, you posted a link that refuted your claim. That's embarrassing blush

Quote:
There’s a lot of criticism lodged against the Clintons for their involvement with recovery efforts in Haiti. But Cohen’s claim that Hillary Clinton raised hundreds of millions of dollars through the Clinton Foundation for a hospital that was never delivered is not credible.


So if course you had to delete that one!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Heh. What did I say, BJ? The response would be "But, TRUMP!!!"

Easiest prediction ever.

BJ and The D were the first people to mention Trump in their posts. So what exactly are you saying here?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When you are talking about medical records, are you talking full, complete medical history?

If so, no president has ever done that.

So, you have to think what you are talking about.

Second, I care about equivalency. If you expect something from one, you should expect it of the other. If you're not, you just care about playing politics.

If you make exceptions for your own candidate, it's wrong. Expect both, or neither.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
jmilum wrote:
It's awesome that she released her taxes so people know stuff like this.




Why do you want ot see Trumps taxes and not HIllarys medical records?
Isnt all this private information?


Clinton has release the same medical information as The Donald.

The Donald however still has not released his tax form, as Clinton has just done.

Doesn't it get a little tiring displaying such public hypocrisy in service of The Donald?


What exactly have I SAID that is hypocritical?
Does me asking if YOU want to see her medical records imply that I DONT want to see Trumps?
Or that it even implies that I WANT to see hers?


Because your whining constantly about hers and not Trumps for one thing. And dont see you demanding his tax returns with any vigor whatsoever.

But I understand it may have to do with your Clinton Rage Boner. Apparently that is causing you to stick your head so far up The Donald's behind you can check his tonsils
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:

I've never asked David DesJardins (although I guess indirectly I'm asking him now if he chooses to read this thread) but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he's formed a foundation as a vehicle for some of his own charitable giving.


I'm pretty sure David set up a charitable foundation to provide Tesla EV's to ex-presidents who are stymied in their political and free greens fees aspirations by that pesky 22nd Amendment.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
I was really impressed today when I read that Hillary and Bill Clinton donated $1,042,000 to charity last year from the $10.6m that they brought in. That's almost tithing! We usually hear about 2-3% from lefties IIRC.

Quote:
Hillary Clinton released her 2015 tax return Friday, as her campaign dials up the pressure on Republican Donald Trump to do the same.

Clinton, who filed jointly with her husband, paid an effective federal income tax rate of 34.2% last year, and the Clintons donated 9.8% of their adjusted gross income to charity, according to the campaign.

The Clintons took in $10.6 million in income in 2015, a majority of which came from paid speeches by Bill Clinton, while $3 million came from book royalties.


Boy, there's one thing missing from the story there that spins it as a positive for Hillary and how it puts pressure on Trump. Which charities did Billary support with that generous level of philanthropy? I'm sure everyone will be shocked.



Yep, $1,000,000 went to their own corrupt family foundation and the other $42,000 went to an organization that runs golf tournaments.


I do dislike the fact that rich people can set up their charitable donations like this and then reap significant legal benefits from running the charity as employees.

However, the clinton foundation does apparently spend typical amounts of money on charitable activities compared to charitable organizations of similar size.

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/06/where-does-clinton-foundati...

Quote:

Daniel Borochoff, president and founder of CharityWatch, told us by phone that its analysis of the finances of the Clinton Foundation and its affiliates found that about 89 percent of the foundation budget is spent on programming (or “charity”), higher than the 75 percent considered the industry standard.


So yea- I'd like to count any money or benefits the wealthy get back from their charities as not being given in the first place but it looks like 89% of the money given to the clinton foundation is spent on charity work. Which means clinton charitable giving is at least 8.9% and probably more since only money spent on the clintons or on salaries to the clintons or to the benefit of the clintons should count against their 9.8% donations. It's likely this is 1% or less so it would be more fair to say they donated 8.8% of their income to charity.

Repeating in large easy to read conservative type

Charity Watch Says the Clinton Foundation spends 89% of donations on Charity Work. This is MUCH HIGHER than the 75% industry standard



What does the Clinton Foundation do?

The Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation builds partnerships between businesses, NGOs, governments, and individuals everywhere to work faster, better, and leaner; to find solutions that last; and to transform lives and communities from what they are today to what they can be tomorrow.

Since our founding, the Foundation has focused on tackling a number of the world's greatest challenges: Global Health; Climate Change; Economic Development; Health and Wellness; and improving opportunity for Girls and Women.

Because of our work, more than 31,000 American schools are providing kids with healthy food choices in an effort to eradicate childhood obesity; more than 105,000 farmers in Malawi, Rwanda, and Tanzania are benefiting from climate-smart agronomic training, higher yields, and increased market access; more than 33,500 tons of greenhouse gas emissions are being reduced annually across the United States; over 450,000 people have been impacted through market opportunities created by social enterprises in Latin America, the Caribbean, and Asia; through the independent Clinton Health Access Initiative, over 11.5 million people in more than 70 countries have access to CHAI-negotiated prices for HIV/AIDS medications; an estimated 85 million people in the U.S. will be reached through strategic health partnerships developed across industry sectors at both the local and national level; and members of the Clinton Global Initiative community have made more than 3,500 Commitments to Action, which have improved the lives of over 430 million people in more than 180 countries.

Do the Clintons receive any income or personal expense reimbursement from the Foundation?


No. President Clinton and Chelsea Clinton, who serve on the Board of Directors, do not take a salary from the Clinton Foundation and receive no funding from it. Secretary Clinton did not take a salary when she served on the Board of Directors.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Honestly I dont give a shit to see taxes or medical records
.
Then stop relentlessly posting about it. Very strange that you expend so much energy on something you don't care about.

Quote:
If someone wants to be president, why not invade every orifice to find out absolutely everything?

only some things are relevant. I have absolutely no desire to learn about Trump's erectile dysfunction or hemorrhoids.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
jmilum wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
jmilum wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
jmilum wrote:
It's awesome that she released her taxes so people know stuff like this.




Why do you want ot see Trumps taxes and not HIllarys medical records?
Isnt all this private information?

I want to see both their taxes.

I want to see neither of their medical records.

Understand?


So invade privacy for one type of thing but not another?
What would impact ability to be president more?
Paying taxes or having Super AIDS?

What is Super AIDS?

Why do you want to see Hillary's medical records, but not Trump's taxes?


Honestly I dont give a shit to see taxes or medical records/.
I can see that Hillary isnt all that well.
And I can see that Trump is an asshole.
I just wonder about you kinds of people that WANT TO SEE taxes, and not medical. Invade privacy over here, but not over there.
If someone wants to be president, why not invade every orifice to find out absolutely everything?


Glad to know attempting political points is more important than integrity.

TheDashi wrote:
xuzuthor wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
xuzuthor wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Do you care about some of her issues?
Is it immaterial now?


Are you trying to say you think the presidential candidates should release their records or just Clinton because she is special?


Just happened to be the person that sprang to mind. I mean she is currently running right?
Should I have mentioned Lincoln?


Typically one would mention both unless one had already released their records, which they have not.


Well, I havent seen Trump having crazy coughing fits.


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:
I think you can make a strong case for at least impropriety and possibly corruption in how the Clinton Foundation solicits and accepts donations from other world players but I haven't heard anything about the Foundation's activities being corrupt.


You haven't?

Not as left-wing: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/09/hillary-clint...

Right wing: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/437883/hillarys-americ...

EDIT: Sorry, removed the link to the Washington post's attempt to bensmith the controversy. I guess I shouldn't have expected honesty from WaPo.


The first one doesn't even allege corruption. The second one, yeesh. Look, I don't mind describing events in the worst possible accurate light, nor describing tenuous connections without context. That's legit partisanship, and it's valuable. But when your allegations come from unnamed "protesters" rather than actual evidence, they're worthless. When the person reporting them is a felon of low personal credibility, even citing him as your evidence makes it seem like the Clinton Foundation is under vicious, libelous attacks out of spite rather than any dedication to truth.
7 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
[q="TheDashi"]Honestly I dont give a shit to see taxes or medical records/.
Then stop relentlessly posting about it. Very strange that you expend so much energy on something you don't care about.

Quote:
If someone wants to be president, why not invade every orifice to find out absolutely everything?

only some things are relevant. I have absolutely no desire to learn about Trump's erectile dysfunction or hemorrhoids.


Ok, there's a mental image that will stay with me forever

gulp
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"32 inches of Plexi....for your pleasure"
mbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:


Repeating in large easy to read conservative type

Charity Watch Says the Clinton Foundation spends 89% of donations on Charity Work. This is MUCH HIGHER than the 75% industry standard



Sorry, Clinton Derangement Syndrome makes the mind filter out these kind of facts.
10 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:
I think you can make a strong case for at least impropriety and possibly corruption in how the Clinton Foundation solicits and accepts donations from other world players but I haven't heard anything about the Foundation's activities being corrupt.


You haven't?

Not as left-wing: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/09/hillary-clint...

Right wing: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/437883/hillarys-americ...

EDIT: Sorry, removed the link to the Washington post's attempt to bensmith the controversy. I guess I shouldn't have expected honesty from WaPo.


The first one doesn't even allege corruption. The second one, yeesh. Look, I don't mind describing events in the worst possible accurate light, nor describing tenuous connections without context. That's legit partisanship, and it's valuable. But when your allegations come from unnamed "protesters" rather than actual evidence, they're worthless. When the person reporting them is a felon of low personal credibility, even citing him as your evidence makes it seem like the Clinton Foundation is under vicious, libelous attacks out of spite rather than any dedication to truth.

That's what drew considers "pretty legit" laugh
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
I was really impressed today when I read that Hillary and Bill Clinton donated $1,042,000 to charity last year from the $10.6m that they brought in. That's almost tithing! We usually hear about 2-3% from lefties IIRC.

Quote:
Hillary Clinton released her 2015 tax return Friday, as her campaign dials up the pressure on Republican Donald Trump to do the same.

Clinton, who filed jointly with her husband, paid an effective federal income tax rate of 34.2% last year, and the Clintons donated 9.8% of their adjusted gross income to charity, according to the campaign.

The Clintons took in $10.6 million in income in 2015, a majority of which came from paid speeches by Bill Clinton, while $3 million came from book royalties.


Boy, there's one thing missing from the story there that spins it as a positive for Hillary and how it puts pressure on Trump. Which charities did Billary support with that generous level of philanthropy? I'm sure everyone will be shocked.



Yep, $1,000,000 went to their own corrupt family foundation and the other $42,000 went to an organization that runs golf tournaments.


Where is Trumps return? It seems we ought to compare them side to side.

While you correctly note that the Clintons paid almost 10% to charity (whether you like the charity or not) you fail to note they paid at least 1/3 in federal taxes. Wonder what percent Trump will have paid.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Financials

https://www.clintonfoundation.org/sites/default/files/2015_a...


Management and General 21,388,327 8.6%

In 2015 it had 2000 employees.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinton_Foundation


On February 18, 2015, The Washington Post reported that, "the foundation has won accolades from philanthropy experts and has drawn bipartisan support, with members of the George W. Bush administration often participating in its programs."[3]

---

So yes, like Bill Gates with the Gates Foundation, the Clintons have made generous donations and run their own foundation and may receive some benefits (like travel and lodging attending galas and exclusive charity events) from it while on charity business.

It stinks that the wealthy get to do this while Subway "matches" my dollar and gets credit for it while I get nothing.

But... they are doing a lot of good. A tremendous amount of good.

And I think BJ's comments were unfair after I've dug into this.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:
Where is Trumps return?


Can't Hillary's actions be evaluated on their own, or must we use Trump as a baseline?



Trump is extremely base and vulgar so there is that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.