Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
TechRaptor Travis
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all.

I asked Adam bout the Outfit keyword that's on the Twilight Thong promo item that comes with the Pinup Order Knight, and also about the Sideswipe keyword that's on the White Dragon Gauntlets and here's what he said...

"Outfit!

You can wear that to complete an armor set that shares material keywords.

The man hunter hat was supposed to have that special rule!

Sideswipe is not finalized yet."

I hope to see the Outfit keyword on more gear going forward. I love the idea of being able to retain set bonuses while having options for how to fill the set out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info, and yeah, 100% about variable/recombined armor sets. Really looking forward to getting access to the few in the game (though I'm not sure how Outfit is different than just giving it set and keyword since, with few exceptions, they don't list the individual components).

Though I also think that people fixate a little too much on set bonuses, I do think it matters a lot on the 1-2 armor sets since the pieces are generally weak on their own, and do like the goals they set.

BTW, very curious, does anyone know what you use to make the thong and/or tabard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TechRaptor Travis
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a picture of the back of the Thong at the moment, but the Tabard requires the following..

Cost: 1 x Cloth, 1 x Organ

Innovation Requirements:
Paint
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool... but I can't remember anywhere you get cloth resources... there's silk, and there's cloth as a gear keyword, but, as bone set the precedent, you can't recycle gear as resources based on its keyword

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TechRaptor Travis
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume that it means the "Cloth" waist armor that the four starting survivors begin the game with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, that'd be cool if you got to recycle about the only useless gear in the game (just about everything else retains its value IMHO, if only for synergies or backups)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TechRaptor Travis
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Thong is a pure promo. It doesn't have a recipe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TechRaptor Travis
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got an official reply. "Cloth" is indeed referring to the starting waist armor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that's pretty exciting- an organ and an innovation you already want, in order to make an interesting armor variant, sounds pretty cool.

Thanks for doing the research!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.