Francois L-C
Canada
St-Bruno-de-Montarville (Near Montreal)
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dvader123 wrote:
I'm just curious.

I'm not sure what you want to know exactly, as the game is not officially release yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They did release a rules beta for proofing during the kickstarter. They used the feedback form that to revise them. Hopefully that picked up any errors and they were corrected. But we won't know for sure until the games arrives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing! This game is perfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
Nothing! This game is perfect.

So when does my perfect game arrive in the mail?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm perfectly ignorant on this front!
(I wish)

There have been a bunch of frustrating delays which makes the timeline a little more opaque than I'd like. That's why I haven't posted an update recently. I've been told the majority of backers will get their games in late September, but I'm a little skeptical. Things seem to be moving slowly and I'm too swamped with my own tasks to look over people's shoulders on this issue. I will definitely post an update when I have more clarity on the subject.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
I'm perfectly ignorant on this front!
(I wish)

There have been a bunch of frustrating delays which makes the timeline a little more opaque than I'd like. That's why I haven't posted an update recently. I've been told the majority of backers will get their games in late September, but I'm a little skeptical. Things seem to be moving slowly and I'm too swamped with my own tasks to look over people's shoulders on this issue. I will definitely post an update when I have more clarity on the subject.

Thanks for the update Dominic. But don't worry, unlike some people, I can wait as I know that it can be difficult to respect delays when you are not 100% in control of all the steps of the process. And it doesn't matter much when I receive my game (as long as I still receive it though!). And as long as it's perfect!! (joking). Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GregDarcy wrote:
They did release a rules beta for proofing during the kickstarter. They used the feedback form that to revise them. Hopefully that picked up any errors and they were corrected. But we won't know for sure until the games arrives.
Haha...OP here. Sorry for the question. I saw so many review videos of this game and knew I wanted to have it.

I thought it was already available. I've been reading about Evolution and Climate and was sad to hear that I missed out on the KS campaign. I'm pretty neurotic about getting everything and wish I could somehow still get Climate with all the KS promos like the ones for Darwin Day.

They website doesn't have it anymore and my only hope to getting everything was from reading another post about how I can contact my flgs and ask if they carry the game from the KS campaign.

I've contacted NSG and asked them if they are able to tell me if any flgs might carry the KS edition of Evolution Climate, and I'm going to wait to hear what they have to say.

Appreciate any advice you guys have to share about this. I'll still get the game if I can't get it with the KS promos, but if there's any hope for the KS promos then I'll try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have extra promos are in the office right now. They will go on our website at some point. Jonathan might be waiting until the KS backers get their games. I'm not sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
We have extra promos are in the office right now. They will go on our website at some point. Jonathan might be waiting until the KS backers get their games. I'm not sure.
You made my day! How can I get an update on when the KS promos will be available? Or do I have to keep checking in every day?

Just to make sure, these are the promos for Evolution: Climate, yes? It's everything that came with the Kickstarter campaign minus the actual game?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is correct. The extra goodies that came in the Climate Kickstarter is called "Promo Pack 3". Jonathan can tell you when it will be put on the website. You can reach him bu going to our website and click on the "Contact Us" tab.

Cheers!
Dominic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for you hard work and producing an awesome game system!!

Thx
jonpfl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
Yes, that is correct. The extra goodies that came in the Climate Kickstarter is called "Promo Pack 3". Jonathan can tell you when it will be put on the website. You can reach him bu going to our website and click on the "Contact Us" tab.

Cheers!
Dominic
Thanks Dominic. I sent the message to Jonathan. Just curious, but do you know if the promos will be sold together as a single item? My guess is yes since you described it as promo "pack" 3, but I read in another thread about how promo pack 2 items were sold individually.

I've been following Evolution religiously and found out about the digital kickstarter project being ready to launch at the end of September. You can bet that I'll be backing that project.

Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
North Star Games
United States
Kensington
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now the plan is to have the KS promo items up on the site after the first KS games ship, but before the street date of the game. I don't have an exact date, but realistically this will be sometime in October.

It's still technically up in the air, but we're leaning pretty heavily toward selling the promo items individually - primarily due to the vast differences in quantities it appears we're going to be receiving of the individual promo items. At the very least, I do know that we're going to have many more available than we did after the Flight campaign, so hopefully they will last more than a few weeks this time around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NorthStar wrote:
Right now the plan is to have the KS promo items up on the site after the first KS games ship, but before the street date of the game. I don't have an exact date, but realistically this will be sometime in October.

It's still technically up in the air, but we're leaning pretty heavily toward selling the promo items individually - primarily due to the vast differences in quantities it appears we're going to be receiving of the individual promo items. At the very least, I do know that we're going to have many more available than we did after the Flight campaign, so hopefully they will last more than a few weeks this time around.
hi Jonathan. It's s bummer that you're selling these individually but I'm now curious to know how much it would be if I purchased everything in the ks promo pack 3?

I'm talking about buying all the scenario cards, trait cards, etc.

Edit: just re-read your post and you said you're leaning heavily toward selling them individually not that it's definite. Still, I wish you can sell them as a package for those who missed out. I'd buy it in an instant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for all the questions, but I wanted to ask you Jonathan again about the message I sent NSG. I had a question about FLGS with Kickstarter copies of Climate with the Promo items. I realize that this was the original option I had in getting Climate with the KS exclusives.

Would you be able to tell me which FLGS might carry the KS edition of Climate with the Promos? You can refer to my message to NSGs for my location.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.