Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mb
Hey guys, I know I am late to the party but I got to try this game out at Gen Con and loved it. I bought it on Amazon as soon as I got home and I have a question before I play it. Can you build three buildings without taking a street tile? We played you had to pull a street tile, but from reading these forums it seems that may be wrong. I understand you can pull multiple street tiles, as long as they are played that turn, but can you not pull any?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Nowhere in the rules does it say or imply that you have to take a street tile, so you don't.

Of course in order to play buildings there must be spaces for them adjacent to street tiles, so players will often take them when building, but it is not required.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly. If someone else builds the street tiles, you may build adjacent to them. If there are no spaces next to a street tile, you will have to build one before you can build a building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks guys, that confirms what I expected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jill Reid
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that all 3 items you build have to be adjacent to each other. I think there would not be too many instances where you could do this without taking a street tile, unless an opponent was nice enough to leave you an optimal situation with streets just waiting for your buildings.

EDIT: This was an incorrect interpretation of the rules. Read on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
jill e gamer wrote:
Remember that all 3 items you build have to be adjacent to each other.

There is no such rule. The relevant section:

Quote:
A Building must be placed on a brown space that is orthogonally adjacent to a Street Tile (regardless of when the Street Tile was placed). Consequently, the tiles must share an edge with each other.

The last sentence is not worded as well as it could be in the English rules, but careful reading shows that it it just clarifying the relationship of buildings and streets (since not everyone understands "orthogonally"). Note the remark in the previous sentence about the street tiles - that would make no sense at all if the sentence afterwards were requiring that the tiles played in one turn had to be adjacent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jill Reid
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:
jill e gamer wrote:
Remember that all 3 items you build have to be adjacent to each other.

There is no such rule. The relevant section:

Quote:
A Building must be placed on a brown space that is orthogonally adjacent to a Street Tile (regardless of when the Street Tile was placed). Consequently, the tiles must share an edge with each other.

The last sentence is not worded as well as it could be in the English rules, but careful reading shows that it it just clarifying the relationship of buildings and streets (since not everyone understands "orthogonally"). Note the remark in the previous sentence about the street tiles - that would make no sense at all if the sentence afterwards were requiring that the tiles played in one turn had to be adjacent.

Good to know. Thanks! That will certainly make building easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.