Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Ninô
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This question refers to the icy plains of Estengaard.

First, the manual says "you slide and stop your movement on the first space that is not an ice space". I thought "Ok, so your movement always ends as soon as you stop sliding."

Then, it said "These extra ice spaces you traverse do not count toward the movement granted by the die". Then I thought "So I keep moving after I slide?"

Which one is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The way we've been playing it is that you slide across the ice and then finish your move on the other side.

For example: if you've got:

goo (ICE) (ICE) (SPACE) SPACE)

And move 1 space forward, you slide across the 2 spaces of ice and end in the first space on the other side, like this:

(SPACE) (ICE) (ICE) goo (SPACE)

But if you moved 2 forward, you would slide across the 2 space of ice with your first space of movement, and continue onward another space with your second space of movement.

(SPACE) (ICE) (ICE) (SPACE) goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight has it right. The confusion arises from the fact that the rulebook uses "move/movement" in two very different senses:

1. The act of moving X spaces on your turn
2. Each individual space traversed during a move

For the purposes of how the ice circuit's rules are worded, use the second definition above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Ninô
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.