10 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: When the game bugs. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Berggren
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see alot of people complaining that the game crash or freeze. I understand this complain, but do you try to restart the game or do you only quit?

I have played the second scenario one time and near the end it frozed so that we couldnt do anything. I quited the app (it was on ios) and then restarted the app and picked continue (I had not saved but whanted to try it). Now the game worked again and picked up on our last investigator phase but this time everything worked during mythos phase and we could continue to be destroyed by the game.

So next time the game crash or freeze or something, try to restart it and pick continue, maybe it will work again and you havent "wasted" three hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
I did all this, and it didn't fix it. It loads to the same spot, but there is no text on the screen or prompt, and the only things I can click are the Menu and Settings, and Save and Quit is grayed out. Can't advance to the next phase, can't open inventory or monster drawers. I can zoom the map, but I can't pan, and the map is dark. I eventually just choose to end the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Berggren
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was exactly our problem. But did you close the app completely? Not having it in the background, so when you start it again you will be at the main menu? Im not saying that it always work (app only freeze one time for med), but I say that it can be worth trying and not just give up as some seems to do when the app bugs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
Vidgar87 wrote:
This was exactly our problem. But did you close the app completely? Not having it in the background, so when you start it again you will be at the main menu? Im not saying that it always work (app only freeze one time for med), but I say that it can be worth trying and not just give up as some seems to do when the app bugs.

Yes, I did precisely that three times to the same effect.

That being said, the newest iOS release just dropped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
Vidgar87 wrote:
I see alot of people complaining that the game crash or freeze. I understand this complain, but do you try to restart the game or do you only quit?

I have played the second scenario one time and near the end it frozed so that we couldnt do anything. I quited the app (it was on ios) and then restarted the app and picked continue (I had not saved but whanted to try it). Now the game worked again and picked up on our last investigator phase but this time everything worked during mythos phase and we could continue to be destroyed by the game.

So next time the game crash or freeze or something, try to restart it and pick continue, maybe it will work again and you havent "wasted" three hours.

Sometimes this works; some times it doesn't sadly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm that it didn't work in my case either. I was using the STEAM v. 1.0.2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dugger
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
That's odd. I have it for iOS on my iPad and after 4 games (first scenario only) we haven't had a single problem with the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Cantor
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggityDog wrote:
That's odd. I have it for iOS on my iPad and after 4 games (first scenario only) we haven't had a single problem with the app.

There have been two patches, and most of the bugs haven't affected that scenario, so that isn't that surprising.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jas Sec
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

In an effort to finish scenario #2 I've played around a lot with both the STEAM version of the app and the iOS version... I've found that this scenario frequently hangs around turn 14 when the mob moves; on STEAM there is no way to continue, while on iOS you can relaunch the app and have it continue, albeit with some quirks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kime
United Kingdom
Brimfield
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
TurnandPull wrote:

In an effort to finish scenario #2 I've played around a lot with both the STEAM version of the app and the iOS version... I've found that this scenario frequently hangs around turn 14 when the mob moves; on STEAM there is no way to continue, while on iOS you can relaunch the app and have it continue, albeit with some quirks.

Yes, for me it restarted but then locked up again. No joy on further restarts or loaded save games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.