Hide
3 Posts

Flash Point: Fire Rescue» Forums » General

Subject: Making a custom board rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aidan Miller
msg tools
So I've been interested in making my own board for the game. Does anyone have tips for designing one that looks good and works well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gordon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some gift wrapping paper has one inch squares on the reverse side. You could use that to experiment - sketch and play various layouts. When you're ready to print something permanent, use a high res jpg of the original board. You'll want to keep the outer margins with parking spots, hot spot storage, etc.

And share when you're done. :-). Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thor A
msg tools
I suggest using Sweet Home 3D...it's a great way to get the look of the Flashpoint boards.

Here is an AMAZING example of a Seaside house. I'm not sure exactly what was used to make it, but I've seen a few other custom boards and Sweet Home 3D seems like the right choice.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/108821/fan-made-custom-bo...

I believe there is also a "blank" board under the Flashpoint files that should have all of the "non-building" parts (hotspot circles, dice grid, etc.)

Good luck! And be sure and post your results!!!

I made custom POIs but haven't yet tried a board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.