Subject: Structure Bonus Tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Cos Cob
Connecticut
flag msg tools
With all but one of the structure bonus tiles, you have to meet a condition, even to score as little as 2 points: There has to be a tunnel or a lake or an encounter or a farm/tundra adjacent to your structure or your structure has to be built on a tunnel hex. I get that.

However, what seems odd or out of place to me is the "in a row" structure bonus tile. Am I reading this correctly that if you at least build 1 structure anywhere on the board, you get 2 points for that? That certainly seems what the tile is indicating. It just appears to be at odds with how the other tiles behave.

Am I misinterpreting something here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You're interpreting it correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the 4 structures in a row bonus tile for new players when I'm teaching, since it's very easy to understand and also lets people feel like they can do it and not worry about being blocked by other players. It's also easier for them to remember rather than build next to/on/surround particular icons on the board, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Cos Cob
Connecticut
flag msg tools
jameystegmaier wrote:
You're interpreting it correctly. :)

Thanks for the prompt reply Jamey!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Cos Cob
Connecticut
flag msg tools
creator1113 wrote:
I really like the 4 structures in a row bonus tile for new players when I'm teaching, since it's very easy to understand and also lets people feel like they can do it and not worry about being blocked by other players. It's also easier for them to remember rather than build next to/on/surround particular icons on the board, etc.

That's a really good point. :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Scholtanus
Netherlands
Beek (gem Montferland)
flag msg tools
schnel wrote:
creator1113 wrote:

That's a really good point.

When playing with 5 players however, you are quickly entering other people's territory if you want to build in a straight line. This might entice more combat. Which is not always a bad idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Plečkaitis
Lithuania
Kaunas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find clarification about tile "number of tunnel territories adjacent to your structures" (the same with encounters bonus tile). Does it mean adjacent and direct hex or literally adjacent? It would be a little bit weird that adjacent counts but direct not, but that's possible as other tiles require direct hex. Thanks for clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tms_ wrote:
I can't find clarification about tile "number of tunnel territories adjacent to your structures" (the same with encounters bonus tile). Does it mean adjacent and direct hex or literally adjacent? It would be a little bit weird that adjacent counts but direct not, but that's possible as other tiles require direct hex. Thanks for clarification!
If it meant "adjacent to or on," it would say "adjacent to or on." It says "adjacent to," therefore it means "adjacent to."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael huckins
United States
savannah
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
creator1113 wrote:

I am little confused about the wording. Do the structures need tobe in a straight line or just in a continuous line?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Straight line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Arnott
United States
Tarzana
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Straight line.

Jamey, so Kingdom Builder style? Meaning: you can have a gap in there as long as everything is in the same row? Or all must be adjacent?

X X X [lake] X

Is that 3 or 4?

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
David: They must be adjacent in a straight line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hexes separated by rivers are adjacent though, even though they can stop movement. It is well defined in the rules, I believe, but I made a bad assumption on my first game with this structure card and I thought I'd pass that along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.