flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, damn, excited for this now!

They even named the demon Pete from the comics. So I assume this game covers the comics material too? That greatly extends the number of characters and villain options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall COBB
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Looks amazing!! I'm just nervous about the rules.... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whavoc wrote:

I showed the image to some of the guys at work that are big fans of the movie and they were really excited. Though I agree, if this is a super simple game that would be sad. I'd like to see a meaty system with meaningful decisions. I haven't played the Ghostbusters board game but got the impression it's pretty simple. Would like to see something a step up from that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cj W
United States
Chicago
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
whavoc wrote:

I showed the image to some of the guys at work that are big fans of the movie and they were really excited. Though I agree, if this is a super simple game that would be sad. I'd like to see a meaty system with meaningful decisions. I haven't played the Ghostbusters board game but got the impression it's pretty simple. Would like to see something a step up from that.

Yeah I'm with you guys. I appreciate simple games but this license needs something we can 'sink our teeth into'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
whavoc wrote:

Hey Scott!

Just a quick note without spoiling too much: We're working REALLY hard on making this game Meaty, Unique, and NOT FIDDLY! We want it to be straight forward without being too easy or a "kids game". We want there to be a lot of player choices and tons of thematic story intertwined in the immersive world of Chinatown!

We're HUGE Fans of the Film and we want to do it justice!
I'll have lots more details to come soon!
Just know that we're working VERY Hard to make the game mechanics a Gamers Game that will be enjoyable, exciting, replayable, nostalgic, and also new and unique parts of the Big Trouble Universe will be uncovered and discovered in the game as well! We strive to make it really feel Epic when you play it... not just a simple dice roller, but a Unique Dice Rolling Mechanic mixed with meaningful strategic cooperative decisions!

Thanks so much for your excitement and support!!! : )

Get Ready to get into BIG TROUBLE Soon!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Chris, looking forward to more details. Is this a scenario driven game or more of a miniatures skirmish game?

Something like Shadows of Brimstone, Sword & Sorcery, Perdition's Mouth: Abyssal Rift, or Star Wars: Imperial Assault? Or less story driven?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Thanks Chris, looking forward to more details. Is this a scenario driven game or more of a miniatures skirmish game?

Something like Shadows of Brimstone, Sword & Sorcery, Perdition's Mouth: Abyssal Rift, or Star Wars: Imperial Assault? Or less story driven?

Sorry for the late reply:
The BGG Subscriptions weren't working yet for me on this for some reason....

We've been working on mechanics that will allow you to quest in the game using dice to drive your actions. There will be a communal pool as well as a personal dice pool that you'll be able to use to trigger your character's abilities and to take additional movement, trigger quest actions, special abilities, Items, trigger combat, defensive stance, and more! You'll be able to use your dice to also contend with thematic story-based encounters as well as Quest Encounters. You'll also be able to roll "Good Luck" and "Bad Luck". Good Luck will give you special coins that will allow for you to upgrade your character and more. Bad Luck will progress and lockdown dice in the game which will allow for even more "Big Trouble" to happen during the game.

Without going into too much detail, Combat will be triggered on the player's turn as well as during the "Big Trouble" Phase when the Minions of Lo Pan and Lo Pan himself (during the final showdown) will be able to do combat with the players within their range etc.

As you progress through the quests, you'll be gaining items, audacity points and more in order to prepare for the big Final Showdown with Lo Pan and his toughest minions and underbosses. (Like the Three Storms

You'll have the chance to journey all over Chinatown and even underground in the sewers and then once it's time, you'll be able to traverse onto the back side of the main game board taking you through Lo Pan's main lair through the Wing Kong Trading Co. and deep into his domain!

We will discuss more and more as it develops! We look forward to sharing new 3D Models and Artwork soon!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.