Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roni Jaakkola
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Hey there, nice to meet you! @Nashtanir in Twitter
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have high resolution (or just generally good quality) images of the faction and player mats? I'm looking for them to use them for some planning. I tried looking at the Gallery section but I only found one faction and player mat posted by Jamey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would download the rulebook PDF (which has a pretty high resolution) and try to take images from there. There's also a Faction Mat guide that has good images of the mech abilities.

https://app.box.com/s/rj3jrw0rab2uiz02up89kbant5g8ew1p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
The faction mats should be in the "Card and Faction Guide" file on the SM page (https://app.box.com/s/rj3jrw0rab2uiz02up89kbant5g8ew1p/1/647...) and there is a player aid in the files section with the faction mats.

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Freeber
msg tools
mbmbmb
I thought the PnP files were taken down now that the game is generally available to the public and reviews are commonly available. I suspect (but don't know) that Stonemaier would generally frown on high resolution scans of the mats and boards being available.

I presume you don't have a copy to scan yourself for your use?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Das DoppelGanger wrote:
I thought the PnP files were taken down now that the game is generally available to the public and reviews are commonly available. I suspect (but don't know) that Stonemaier would generally frown on high resolution scans of the mats and boards being available.

I presume you don't have a copy to scan yourself for your use?

He does not take the PnP files down. He still has them up for all his games on his website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaut Palfer-Sollier
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here in BGG galery : http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/3107124/scythe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roni Jaakkola
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assembled and uploaded images of faction and player mats. Jamey gave permission to upload these below:
jameystegmaier wrote:
Roni: Thanks for asking about this. Can you add a line to your post and to the individual images that states that these images are copyrighted content, so they're fine for at-home use, but they may not be used for profit, distribution, or mass printing? Also, Jakub should be credited as the artist.

These images are copyrighted content; they are only for at-home use and they may be NOT used for profit, distribution or mass printing.

Artist: Jakub Rozalski

Faction mats:

Player mats:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Roni: Thanks for asking about this. Can you add a line to your post and to the individual images that states that these images are copyrighted content, so they're fine for at-home use, but they may not be used for profit, distribution, or mass printing? Also, Jakub should be credited as the artist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roni Jaakkola
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

Thanks for the quick response! I updated the image descriptions and my original post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Liddle
United States
Sandpoint
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking for the same thing the other day, and ended up getting out the actual mats and making a spreadsheet.

I added the starting area info for the factions also, which is almost more important than their mat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Berry
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a file for the Factory Cards?

I see the Print and Play taken down due to "wide availability" but maybe I'm missing it as I think the update has retail versions not available until Oct 20, 2016? I'm lucky enough to know someone with a KS version but now I wait.

Thanks to files for the player and faction mats, I was able to print those. And print the encounter and objective cards as a sheet.

But my final version is far superior to a PnP - because I used tiles, monsters (buildings), and meeples from Survive! Escape From Atlantis (awesome fun game! though I think size wise, Dominant Species would have been better), plus cubes (resources), dice (characters), bugs (encounter chits), nurses (enlist), and ants (action pawn) from Myrmes ("best game you're not playing", "twice the strategy for half the price"). Then I just roll for encounters and objectives instead of carding them. I use colored dice for popularity and power, and uno cards for combat cards. Age of Steam trains for mechs, poker chips for coins. I'll see if I can add a pic of my nerdy awesome.

Anyway, the missing parts now are Factory Cards and end game bonus cards.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done with your PnP, Clay! I appreciate your creativity, though we use PnPs to let people try out the game before it's released, not after. You're almost there--just 3 more weeks until the reprint arrives in stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.