Popular Tags: [View All]
Johnny O aka Johnny Soul
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Harvester of eyes, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I printed off the Retro Quick Reference pages for curiosity's sake. It reads as though the Armor Combat Table replaces the Roll To Hit then Roll to Kill mechanism of standard ASL.

If so, how does one determine which of the targets armor factors one uses for the calculation. Same question applies for Vehicle Hesitation #.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Clarke
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean side vs front armor? If so, you would follow SL rules.
Retro tanks are Squad Leader tanks with no turrets.

For hesitation I explicitly state:
"Vehicle Hesitation uses front or side armor values, depending on facing."
http://www.fclarke.com/2016/07/retro-essential-but-missing-r...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny O aka Johnny Soul
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Retro Gun Factor Table uses ASL AP To Kill Numbers but not SL (even with the Cross of Iron Armor values). ASL armor values are mentioned as possible DRMs beneath the Retro Special Weapons table.

Based on this and your posts I assume that only the ASL Hull armor values as printed on the ASL AFV counters and facing are used in determining the combat differential on the Retro Armor Combat Table and determining the Vehicle Hesitation number (DR < gun factor-armor rating- leadership = halt).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny O aka Johnny Soul
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered 4th Ed. from Minden Games tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Retro ignores turrets, so you just use the straight values on the counter (i.e. You do not TO HIT and in turn this does not estblish a turret or hull hit).

In the rules, the example (page 15) shows a T-34 with ASL values being attacked from the front and defending with its normal frontal armour value of 11, confirming the intention of the rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.