Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
This game doesn't seem like it would work well with two.. Hope I'm wrong, please tell me so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it works with 2. I've played and enjoyed it. If you read the 2 player variant it is actually a 3 player game with a ghost. The other change is that 1 player is not automatically beheaded ( they need twice as many treason points instead of the most). The only rule/suggestion that didn't make it into the rulebook is that the Master of Shadows should not be used in the 2 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Good to hear
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if you got the promo characters I wouldn't use the Black Widow in the 2-player game. The rest of the characters should all be just fine though.

Played 2-player with my brother last night (his first game, my 50+). Influence tokens were 67pts to 67pts. Buildings were 10pts to 10pts. I beat him on the faction tracks though for the win. He had 13 treason to my 11 so no beheadings occured.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
RiffRaff14 wrote:
Also, if you got the promo characters I wouldn't use the Black Widow in the 2-player game. The rest of the characters should all be just fine though.

Master of Shadows is more broken than Black Widow in 2-player. MoS's ability to give away a treason card each turn is an auto win in 2-player

Having said that, however, MoS is balanced properly for multi-player because that ability costs 2 influence to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MoS is definitely not for 2 players. But Black Widow holding a Countess card or 2 can also be an auto-win as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.