• [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only need 1.

But you might prefer to have at least two or three.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
atomo wrote:
how many character are need in a solo play 1 , 2 or more...thanks

It can be played with only one. Or as many as you think you can handle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill McGuinness
United States
Lynn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play with two

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
After a long while playing solo with one character, I now usually play with two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. There's more going on with two investigators, but more than that becomes unwieldy, especially if you aren't prepared to play standing up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
IMHO, based on the clock mechanic, the game seems to have been optimized to play with 4. I usually play with 3 characters though (using my Clockless Variant) because they fit well on my table and can provide a good mix of skills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mb
I am usually play with 4 investigators, because i like to have some flexibility with character powers. But you can start play with one/two/three investigators and choose the value, that comfortable to you playstile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Daimond wrote:
I am usually play with 4 investigators, because i like to have some flexibility with character powers. But you can start play with one/two/three investigators and choose the value, that comfortable to you playstile.

I also enjoy playing with 4, if I solo, also for variety. It is also nice, at least until the clock gets shifted, to have a full round of investigator turns be equivalent to a "day". Helps to eliminate the, "Did I move the clock?", internal debate, a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
bigloo33 wrote:
Daimond wrote:

I also enjoy playing with 4, if I solo, also for variety. It is also nice, at least until the clock gets shifted, to have a full round of investigator turns be equivalent to a "day". Helps to eliminate the, "Did I move the clock?", internal debate, a bit.

To track down the clock, I use a marker. I place the marker on the investigator whose Resolution Phase is the last one before Midnight. Then, if I get a reward or a penalty or an effect moving the clock, I simply move the marker
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
bigloo33 wrote:
Daimond wrote:

To track down the clock, I use a marker. I place the marker on the investigator whose Resolution Phase is the last one before Midnight. Then, if I get a reward or a penalty or an effect moving the clock, I simply move the marker
I just pass the clock around the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bigloo33 wrote:
Daimond wrote:

I just had my first play through last night. It was a solo game with 1 investigator. As I was playing, I kept having to remind myself to turn the hand on the clock. I was realizing that playing with 4 investigators would make it perfect, as once the specific investigator has completed his/her turn, it would strike midnight, every time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
bigloo33 wrote:
Daimond wrote:

I just had my first play through last night. It was a solo game with 1 investigator. As I was playing, I kept having to remind myself to turn the hand on the clock. I was realizing that playing with 4 investigators would make it perfect, as once the specific investigator has completed his/her turn, it would strike midnight, every time.
Except when a Task/Adventure causes an Advance. (And I'm sure there's other Effects that Advance the Clock too, but it may be that none appear in the base game, I can't remember)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mythos cards can advance the clock too, at least in the expansions. Not sure about the base game.

One lovely idea my friend had was to pass the clock when you advance the time. That way it's obvious if you forgot. When playing solitaire, I keep the clock by the Investigator whose turn it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nerman8r wrote:
Mythos cards can advance the clock too, at least in the expansions. Not sure about the base game.

One lovely idea my friend had was to pass the clock when you advance the time. That way it's obvious if you forgot. When playing solitaire, I keep the clock by the Investigator whose turn it is.
See three posts up the page

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
See three posts up the page

Oops, sorry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
Yet while exulting in solitude I became aware of a strange lack. I wished a companion to lie near in the starlight, silent, unmoving, but within touch. For there's fellowship more quiet than solitude, and rightly understood is solitude made perfect.
mbmbmbmbmb
A warning, however...repeatedly playing the parts of three different investigators by yourself late at night while the world sleeps can lower your own sanity level. I know this to be true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.