9 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: How much can the Empire share of the rules? Step by Step rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas Pizani
msg tools
Hi,

I have a simple doubt, how much can the Empire player share in relation to the rules?

I mean, some missions I get confused on how much can I share with the Rebellion and I feel that I'm very overpowered because they do not know some mission specs and if they knew the ENTIRE gameplay would change and I guess that it would actually be more fun.

For example, can someone enlighten me on how much could I share (step by step) on the mission "Generous donations"?

Thanks in advance guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically you read all the rules to the heroes. Page 2 of the campaign guide tells you exactly what you are asking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Pizani
msg tools
So I shall read the "arrow" bullets?

I usually only share the "quick rules" of each event. I mean, when the mission starts I read the bullets until the first event and then when the first event triggers I read the following bullets until the next event and on and on and on...

Is that incorrect?

I should basically share all rules?

Ive read the 2nd page but this doubt kept bugging me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is our Empire player telling us enough?

You read each event if and when it happens, including mission briefing. You read both the flavor text and the associated rules block. You do not read anything that has not happened yet.

See any of the play by forum missions for examples.

(See SWIA007: Aftermath for an example.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Pizani
msg tools
Ok, I was doing that but when I was playing the mission Generous Donations I just read at first until the part when they reach the terminals and upload the virus.

Is that correct?

it felt so wrong because i felt that I wasn't sharing everything
Spoiler (click to reveal)
and they sould know that they needed to be at least 2 spaces from the terminals

I mean, I read that they had to upload the virus but not that they should
Spoiler (click to reveal)
be next to the other terminals so when they first uploaded it I just ran and deactivated the other 2 terminals at once so it was impossible to them to win the game then
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds right. The rebels should know by now not to upload a virus as their last action in an activation. Something always happens when you do something special, and without any action left your can't react. (Although heroes can still suffer strain for movement points and spend them to move unless they have already done so or are upto their endurance.)

PBF SWIA010: Generous Donations

Also, maybe edit or spoiler-protect parts of your post...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Pizani
msg tools
Well, I thought it was wrong because the Imperial player in this mission was so overpowered...

But that's ok, you clarified all my questions, thanks a lot man!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Pizani
msg tools
Ok, I'll do it as soon as I get home, I'm typing from the app now. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alsomake sure you make the Rebel symbol clear to them. When reading that rule, you should reiterate that's their progression/completion goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.