9 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: Conditions cards - It depletes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas Pizani
msg tools
Hello,

I have a simple doubt, the game only has 4/5 conditions cards for each condition, does that mean that if the players uses the 4/5 conditions cards on the mission no one else will be able to use it again for the entire mission?

That's not so great since some missions allows the players to use a condition basically each activation so the only player that will benefit from the conditions cards is the one who actually uses it first, is that right?

I just would like to know whether it refreshes when used or it becomes "depleted" for the mission.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering you can't have the same condition applied twice at the same time to the same character, you have enough cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Pizani
msg tools
So there is no component limit to the conditions right?

I mean, if hypothetically 5 figures have the Focus condition (therefore there is no components available), when the first figure uses it it will become available again?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joao Gaiola wrote:

I mean, if hypothetically 5 figures have the Focus condition (therefore there is no components available), when the first figure uses it it will become available again?

Thanks

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Pizani
msg tools
Ok Baker,

Thanks a lot man!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Each figure can have one of each condition. The number of tokens and condition cards do not limit that. If you run out, use a suitable replacement. Usually the condition cards are given to heroes and tokens to other figures. There is no difference in having a token or the corresponding condition card. The effect of the condition is the same.

A figure must use focused on the next possible attack or attribute test, then the focused condition gets discarded.

Other conditions specify their effects and how to remove or lose them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thebaker1983 wrote:
Joao Gaiola wrote:

Thanks

Correct.

No, incorrect. Conditions are always "available" regardless of components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, even if the tokens run out, you just use a replacement. Here are the appropriate sections of the rules:

RRG - Conditions wrote:
• When a hero gains a condition, place the corresponding
Condition card next to that hero...
• When any other figure gains a condition, place a condition
token next to that figure.

The above shows why you get 4 Condition cards per Condition in the non Ally/Villain sets. Four cards is always enough, as you cannot have more than 4 Heroes, and everything else (Allies included) get tokens.

RRG - Component Limitations wrote:
• Tokens are not limited. If players run out of a token type, they
should use a suitable replacement, such as a coin.

And the above shows that not even the tokens can run out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
thebaker1983 wrote:
Joao Gaiola wrote:

Thanks

Correct.

No, incorrect. Conditions are always "available" regardless of components.

Sorry...I just meant the condition token goes back into a pool and is never "used up." I should have clarified that the number of conditions is not limited to the number of components (as has now been stated a couple of times).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.