Subject: Looking for a card game for me and my girlfriend rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Piotr Slugocki
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello everyone.
I am looking for a new game to add up to my collection, specifically a card game. I would like it to be MTG'ish. But here's the thing - i don't like spending a lot of money. I do not like any of the FFG's LCG's

I've been considering Blue Moon: Legends and Summoner Wars, but i think it's just not what I'm looking for.

A pefect game would:
-not require me to buy many pricy expantions
-be complex, but not too much, as my girlfriend likes more casual games
-be all about combat and casting powerfull spells

Thank you for all the answers in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Mage Wars Academy or Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn?

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Epic from White Wizard Games might be a decent purchase for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Slugocki
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmb
So I've consulted with my gf and we narrowed these games to Epic and Blue Moon, but we are still open for new ideas, because both games have their cons:

-Blue Moon is not a direct combat game, it's great and complete with all the cards (also there's a huge discount on it in my local store)

-Epic Card Game, it's fun and cheap but I can't seem to find the cardboard box that's bought seperately in Poland, and I know I'll need it and that's a huge disadvantage for me. Also I've heard there's no life indicators like in Star Realms and just a few tokens

What do you guys have to say about that, maybe there's something else? Also you can take a look at games that I own, maybe that's gonna help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
when i get home, i'm so tired
badge
just roll over, please. i'm so tired. just roll over, please. i'm so tired.
mbmbmbmbmb
Summoner Wars is awesome, but it's more like wizard chess than what it sounds like you're looking for.

Maybe Seasons? I haven't played it, but I've heard good things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Neuville

Wisconsin
msg tools
From what I've seen I think Ashes would be a good choice. Would also highly recommend Star Realms. It's not similar to MTG but it's cheap and really fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Slugocki
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmb
We do have Star Realms and we love it, but it's a great deckbuilder, not a skirmish game. I've read some more about the Blue Moon and I think there's more to it than I thought at first. We've decided to go with it right now, because it's on a real discount (normally it's for about 42 €, now it's for 18 €). Ashes looks great and I would love it but my gf wouldn't like it and it's a little pricy, but it's on my wish-list. Thanks for all the help guys, all great games here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Morency
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My girlfriend and i have really been enjoying Mystic Vale. I think it ticks all of your boxes, except for the combat thing. Creating and casting a powerful spell is certainly possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.