Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Heather Hurst
United States
Lancaster County
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When scoring animals at the end of a round, do you only score for the current row or all collected (across all rows)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zielinski
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Current Row only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather Hurst
United States
Lancaster County
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops, played that wrong! Thank you for the clarification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott "Tox" Morris
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Add on question, do you score left to right or all in the row that are unique. Meaning if I have a fish, octo, hammerhead, octo, turtle and seahorse do I have 10 points of fish (not counting the octo as he is a double) or do I have 6 stopping at the second octo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Laxou
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toxziq wrote:
Add on question, do you score left to right or all in the row that are unique. Meaning if I have a fish, octo, hammerhead, octo, turtle and seahorse do I have 10 points of fish (not counting the octo as he is a double) or do I have 6 stopping at the second octo?
Doubles are just ignored, so you'd score 10 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not at all clear in the rules... Animals are current row only!? What about Kraken Eyes??

Edit: I suppose that explains why our last cards were "boring", with all their unneeded animals...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Laxou
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything you score at the end of each round (species and kraken) only apply to this row. All that is scored only at the end of the game (treasure chests and coral) applies to all rows (obviously).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Animals are scored each row (round). Count only unique animals in the row (doubles do not count) and within max limit of your aquarium.

Kraken is not animal. It resolved per row (round). The most Kraken eyes gets the Kraken token that round (flip it over and subtract it to your current round points. If more than 1 player have the same amount of Kraken eyes, tied players get the negative pts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Bibby
United Kingdom
Euxton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a bit confused by this. The rule book says animals in your aquarium but the kraken eyes say row.

So we have played scoring unique animals in the whole play board not row.

Where does it say its just animals in the current row?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben de Kemp
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
tiblin wrote:
I am a bit confused by this. The rule book says animals in your aquarium but the kraken eyes say row.

So we have played scoring unique animals in the whole play board not row.

Where does it say its just animals in the current row?

You are technically correct. The rule book does not explicitly say just the current row, but you'll have to accept that that IS the design intent otherwise, as one player above alluded to, the animal cards just get more meaningless as the game progresses.

Think of it as your aquarium being emptied when you return to base at the end of a round.

*EDIT*: Also confirmed by the publisher in this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.