Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Buxeria
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
The design of Ager Sanguinis started 8 months ago... and I'm not where I would like to be: Many distractions along the way and honestly less willingness to spend countless hours per day to design a game! This is why the release of the game is now delayed until the spring of 2017 as I'm still committed to produce a game of the utmost quality of course.

Progress report:
- All the stances of characters in good health are now completed. I may still add a couple of camel-mounted riders and civilians like pilgrims or Syrian women. I start this week-end the Stun and Dead stances: Several hundreds of hours await me...
- One important milestone: All 3 tactical maps are now completed (and added to the picture library on this page).
. The Crusader Castle is a combination of Arima Castle and Saone Castle (also known as Salah Ed-Din Castle).
. The Village of Outremer uses the same house style as The Caravanserai map.
. The Plateau is an open terrain map featuring a stone field that will slow down cavalry charges.
- The rules will be very similar to the latest versions of the Guiscard and Diex Aie ones, with a few additions to manage camels or the terraces of the houses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update Buxeria! Take your time, we don't want you to get burned out . I am loving the counters and new maps! REALLY GOOD STUFF!!

Your delay will give me more time to make an attempt to play a campaign game of The Anarchy and give you some feedback. It is still one of my goals , but will probably need to wait for winter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Krauel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As much as I got suited to getting these games for christmas, a creative delay for raising the quality is an absolutely right decision. What already can be seen looks marvelous, especially the counters.

I just got myself Thomas Asbridge´s The Crusades for my birthday to prepare for the game. I think he might be a bit short on military details, but its a great read so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buxeria
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I'm back on the counter sheet and started to draw the Stun characters. I'm trying to come up with fresh and new stances like the ones below :
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As always, Buxeria, GOOD STUFF SIR!!!!thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buxeria
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
A few more Stun characters :

I also added the back of the counter sheet on Cry Havoc Fan for you to check the work in progress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buxeria
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Here is the result of my work in September : 21 new stun characters (in 9 different classes), 4 dead horses and 2 horses without riders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buxeria
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
One recommendation: Please do not comment directly on pictures showing "work in progress" as I can't replace them afterwards with a more advanced version without deleting all your comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buxeria
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I was focused on the Armenians this week, with 2 new classes of characters, The Medium Infantry:

And the peasants:

Note that I modestly like the "dynamism" of the Stun characters (assuming that we can use this term for characters that are knocked down :shake:)

I also completed the Stun stances of all Armenian characters and improved the design of the faces for the cavalry, as they were not up to my own quality standards.

Here is a quick look to the Armenian counter sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buxeria
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I completed a couple of pilgrims and one woman to bring some variety to the scenarios:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buxeria
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Here is a big update: 37 new stunned characters:
Frankish crossbows

Naphta throwers

Saracen bows

Hashishins

Saracen Infantry

Arab civilians (I really like the pose of the stunned woman).

Now I'm up to the horses (and the camel!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buxeria
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Lots of updates recently!
All the foot characters of the main counter sheet are now completed:
Counter sheet : Front - Back.

Scores of Wounded and Dead stances which are "just" adaptations of their equivalent "In good health" and Stun versions. But each variation takes between 15 and 20 minutes to create, with a lot of additional drawings for the new parts (helmet-less heads, band-aids, torn clothes, etc.).

Yet, I drew 2 brand new Dead stances for the Foot Hospitalers and Frankish archers, as I was stupid enough to draw their Stun stances where the are still standing a bit (on their knees or on their butt).

I still need to complete 2 lines of mounted characters, the dead horses and the small counter sheet with Armenians. I expect to be finished by February, but what a piece of work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buxeria
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
The main counter sheet as well as the small one with the Armenians are now completed. I will post them in the Images section soon.
I'm now starting the rule book, using the latest version of the Guiscard rules as the template.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buxeria
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Lots of activity in the last month: The tactical counter sheets are completed. I added a new set of overlays with various tents, including a gorgeous bedouin tent. I took my inspiration from the tent of Saladin that can be seen in the movie "Kingdom of Heaven".

I'm now finalizing the tactical rules and completing the historical background, as well as the descriptions of the various types of characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buxeria
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Game design is proceeding at a slow but decisive pace. Many news to share:

We will be using a new printer which will bring a revolution for the veterans of the Cry Havoc series: The thickness of the counters will increase significantly and match the thickness of typical wargame counters. I know that many of you will rejoice even though this is a departure from the original game concepts.

We are finishing the translation of the 16 scenarios, the most any game in the series ever had.

We will start the beta testing of the scenarios in the next few days using the Vassal engine and a new module that we just finalized. If you are interested in becoming a beta tester for Ager Sanguinis, please send me a personal message. Each beta tester completing the test of at least 5 scenarios will get a free boxed set of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.