Looking for a bit more clarity on Borg Cube Assaults as it relates to Combined Space / Planet Encounters.
1. As indicated on Pg 10 Full rule book - space battles must be dealt with before engaging with planet counters.
2. Assuming space battles consist of the following types of encounter tokens: a. Romulan Starbase b. Dominion Starbase c. Borg Cube
3. Assuming planet encounter tokens consist of the following type of encounter token (due to their Diplomacy rating): a. Class K Planet
4. Per the rules on Pg 10 of the Full rule book, I am confused by what is meant by "space battles must be dealt with before engaging planet counters" as it relates to following the combat rules sequence.
Let's say there are 2 - space battle encounter tokens and 2 - planet encounter tokens and since the space battle portion tokens must me dealt with first, does that mean -
a. The two space battle encounter tokens would be fought separately (Long Range Battle Attack, Shields Phase, Assign Damage then Attack Phase) b. The two planet encounter tokens are then dealt with via an Away Mission (Diplomacy Phase, Long Range, Assign Damage and Attack Phase)
5. If this is true then suffice it to say that the planet encounter tokens do not contribute anything to the item a. listed above?
6. Also then for the purposes of grouping and targeting attacks against the two sets of defenders they are considered separated and could only be targeted in groups of two at a time (using the example above).
Hope this all makes sense.
(I am going to forego any sarcastic comments about the rule book. This has been a road well traveled already with the Mage Knight rules).
You've got it figured out. The space tokens must be dealt with in a separate combat before you can do the away mission to deal with the planet tokens. As a concrete example, you can't use something like Undiscovered card Advanced Range to generate a bunch of Long Range Attack and take out all of the space and planet tokens in one fell swoop.