Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ziggy Bob
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently bought FE because I wanted a DBG that my young niece would want to play with me, she likes female characters, and the only oversized villain to play in this is Harley Quinn.

I would like to find the other female characters, particularly the villains - Catwoman, Poison Ivy (is there Poison Ivy available?), and any others.

Which other DC DBG games are they in and how can I integrate them?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The third Crisis expansion has Poison Ivy, Cheetah, and Killer Frost as playable villains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ziggybobenator wrote:
I would like to find the other female characters, particularly the villains - Catwoman, Poison Ivy (is there Poison Ivy available?), and any others.

Side Note: There was a post from Cryptozoic that said that Catwoman was 'not to be considered a Villain' based on current continuity.

But anywho...
As stated, Crisis 3 definitely has the most playable Female Villains.
Outside of Forever Evil and Crisis 3, you're stuck with playable Heroes.

*Teen Titans has 3: Raven, Wonder Girl, Starfire.
*The first printing of Heroes Unite also has three, but that's only because of the 'first print promo' Starfire. Otherwise 2, adding Black Canary and Bat Girl
*[Base set/Original] only has 1, Wonder Woman.

Expansions:
Crisis 1 only has 1, Zatanna Zatara
Crisis 2 has 3, Star Sapphire, Indigo-1, and Red Lantern Supergirl
Crossover 1 has 2, Power Girl and Stargirl
Crossover 2 has 2, Felicity Smoak and Sara Lance (fair warning, card 'art' is from the Green Arrow live action TV show)
Crossover 3 has 2, Saturn Girl and Phantom Girl
Crossover 4 has 1, Silk Spectre
And for the sake of completeness, Rivals Batman vs. Joker and none.

Ziggybobenator wrote:
Which other DC DBG games are they in and how can I integrate them?

The Crossover packs are designed to just be shuffled in and played, there's only about a dozen main deck cards in each one. With partial exception of #4, that has a 'hidden traitor' mechanic/cards instead of Super Villains.

Crisis packs can also be shuffled in and played, but come with co-operative "crisis mode" cards giving you another way to play.
(note: any can combine with any base-set, but Crisis 3 was optimized to be used with Forever Evil)

The other base sets are obviously fine on their own, but you can mix-n-match cards from one to another easy enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wise
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grarrrg wrote:

*The first printing of Heroes Unite also has three, but that's only because of the 'first print promo' Starfire.

I just want to add that Starfire (along with Felix Faust and Joker) is available in the BoardGameGeek GeekStore: http://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/dc-comics-deck-buildi...

grarrrg wrote:
Crossover 3 has 2, Saturn Girl and Phantom Girl [for heroes]

Phantom Girl doesn't make much sense to play outside of Crossover 3, so if you go for that get the Crossover Pack instead of buying singles.

grarrrg wrote:
*Teen Titans has 3: Raven

Raven is a hero on the Teen Titans, daughter of Trigon, and a half-demon. She benefits by controlling Villains. (Which I suppose is thematic for a demonic empath!)

grarrrg wrote:
Crisis 2 has 3, Star Sapphire, Indigo-1, and Red Lantern Supergirl

Star Sapphire was a villain (not sure if that is in continuity or not) when possessed by the Star Sapphire crystal. Indigo-1 was a villain that is reformed by wearing a Indigo Power Ring and feeling compassion.

By a stretch and with enough suspension of disbelief you could play with these as villains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.