Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ethan
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the End Of Round instructions for 'Into the Breach', it states: Raise the Apocalypse track by one if no innocents are revealed.

Is this just if no innocents are revealed in that last round, or if there are none face-up on the board?

Perhaps I missed something in the rules, but I don't believe that the players are required to pick up innocents (I assume they wouldn't be 'revealed' anymore once they're off the board) and the Sins players doesn't appear to have any way to kill, remove, or return them to face-down position. If it is not just referencing that single round, what is there to keep the players from just leaving an innocent revealed forever?

I mainly ask because other instructions seem to explicitly reference things that happened within the round.

I see that the heroes need to have innocents attached in order to achieve one of the missions and this might help limit the number of revealed innocents. However, as a face down innocent is added to the board each round along with the initial two face-down and two face up, it just seems like a easy work around for he players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Stiehl
Germany
Biebertal
Hessen
flag msg tools
I assume (without having the game) that the end of round effect means at this time only (end of the round) if there is no faceup innocent on the board and/or no token attached to a hero because they are also a revealed token
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Augustine
United States
AUSTIN
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
At the beginning of the round, you put out three face-down tokens. One is an innocent. The FAITH players reveal the tokens by occupying the space with the face-down token while no monsters are present. At that point, the token is "Revealed". So, if they reveal the face-down innocent token you put out, apocalypse track is not advanced. If they fail to reveal the token you put out, track is advanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bull
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is quite confusing and had me scratching my head also.

The way the story board is worded it seems to suggest any revealed innocent NPCs, though it makes more sense to assume it means only the newly placed face-down NPCs cause the apocalypse track to move. It could have been worded more clearly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bull
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheYgg wrote:
I assume (without having the game) that the end of round effect means at this time only (end of the round) if there is no faceup innocent on the board and/or no token attached to a hero because they are also a revealed token

But the game starts with two innocent tokens face up on the board, so technically every round will end with a revealed innocent token as there is no way for the sins player to kill innocents (as far as I know from memory).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom W -
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I am also looking for clarification on this. What is to stop the heroes from just leaving one innocent on the board / never picking them up, and thus there will always be a 'revealed innocent' and thus apocalypse track will never go up.

Was this clarified in any FAQ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom W -
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Anyone have further insights into this? Is it consistent with the intent of the rules to just leave an innocent token on the board so that the apocalypse track never goes up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the way it is written, it is that any face up innocent token prevents the apocalypse track to move, either being revealed this round or not.

That way, the apocalypse track will only move according to heroes being killed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Johnnymaxx wrote:
the way it is written, it is that any face up innocent token prevents the apocalypse track to move, either being revealed this round or not.

That way, the apocalypse track will only move according to heroes being killed.

No, the way it is written is actually ambiguous which is the reason for this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Perro
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Revealed is a verb meaning to "Make (previously unknown or secret information) known to others" or "Cause or allow (something) to be seen."

Based on this, our group decided (and I believe it's the right choice although I was on the other side of the argument at the time) that an unknown innocent had to become known that round to prevent the increase to the Apocalypse track for the round.

This decision was an advantage to the sin player because we had revealed 3 innocents in the first round but none in the second. Despite the advantage though the Heroes still managed to squeak out a win.

As for what stops the players from keeping an innocent revealed forever. I don't have the exact wording from the rules in front of me, but my understanding is that when an innocent is revealed they are stuck with the character who found them. They can't be left or passed onto another character. This was really bad for our group because Karl wound up finding all 3 innocents and therefore the Sin player focused his entire strategy on Karl. One mistake and we'd have lost all the innocents at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Govostis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
We played it as a hidden innocent needed to be exposed that turn. It is to give the players motivation to uncover tokens, otherwise it is safer just to leave them alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Perro
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks James.

I originally missed the part where the player may collect the innocent if they are in the same space. That will change things drastically for us the next time we play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.