Hide
5 Posts

New Bedford» Forums » Rules

Subject: Couple of questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Snow
msg tools
The wife and I played this tonight and came across a couple of questions.

1. When using the general store can you sell as many goods and as many good types as you wish?

2. On the whaling board can there be 4 or more on a line or does each line only hold three ships.

3. Whaling phase. Do the tiles that are counted from the bag go next to each line of ships with that line choosing from that respective group of tiles
OR
Do you count out all the tiles for all the lines, create one massive selection pool, and have people pick with closest and earliest first?

4. Tell me I have the end correct. Round 12:
A. You do your final worker placement
B. Movement phase.
C. Final Whaling phase.
D. Clear workers.
E. Move ships up and perform return actions as ships arrive.
F. Score.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1. When using the general store can you sell as many goods and as many good types as you wish?

Yes. Because this is exactly what the rules say (page 17).

Quote:
2. On the whaling board can there be 4 or more on a line or does each line only hold three ships.

max. 3 (because the rules say so: "no more than 3 ships can ever be on a space", page 5)

Quote:
3. Whaling phase. … Do you count out all the tiles for all the lines, create one massive selection pool,

This. Because otherwise the rules would said to do it the other way, and they don't.

Quote:
4. Tell me I have the end correct.

Yes. E is a loop with 1 movement at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wildsnowllama wrote:

3. Whaling phase.
Do you count out all the tiles for all the lines, create one massive selection pool, and have people pick with closest and earliest first?

I'm not sure if you have this right, it's not the closest ship that selects first, it's the ship that is the furthest out to sea. "Ships farther from the Return space select first. Ships on the same space select in the order of arrival." Page 7 of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rccoll wrote:
I'm not sure if you have this right, it's not the closest ship that selects first, it's the ship that is the furthest out to sea. "Ships farther from the Return space select first. Ships on the same space select in the order of arrival." Page 7 of the rules.

Right. The OP wrote "closest and earliest" which I confess I did not understand, but re-considering there is no way it could be right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Levan
United States
Glenside
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hast ye seen the White Whale?
mbmbmbmbmb
Lutz has answered just about everything.
But just to confirm, for 3, it's a single pool based on total number of ships (plus 1) and ships select starting with ships farthest from shore (the spaces with the highest food cost).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.