Subject: Earned My Fire Badge Tonight rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Jasper
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sat down to play this once again, having tried & failed a few times before. Still getting a handle on the rules, forget strategy.

First game was pretty much a rules review, & the forest was reduced to ash well before the ravage decks were empty. But I noticed that it really wasn't working to rely on fountains overmuch. I decided to explore the other cards in the deck, especially the ones that removed ravage cards.

Round two, built a deck more heavily weighted towards animal cards, especially the doves & hedgehogs. Still burned the woods down, but only after depleting the ravage decks. Definitely an improvement! So, of course, I had to try again...

And game number three was the winner. I played my low cost fountain cards close to the ravage decks, aggressively removed ravage cards w/the dove & hedgehog cards, eliminated the few threatening 4 strength elementals w/the elephants and pretty much just roasted marshmallows on the fires, which never even came close to the forest.

And this all played out in deep space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheater! Everyone knows fire can't burn in a vacuum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Jasper
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gonjeshk wrote:
Cheater! Everyone knows fire can't burn in a vacuum.

devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.